S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i played poker with my nieces when they were teenagers .....none of the three has any interest as adults .

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh yeah! My two sons know how to play it since they were little ones. No risk at all for they rarely play. They just don't like as I do.:)

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will not provide them with money for this reason. If they can handle this task individually, then they are wellcome!

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I don't think so, they have more important things than learning to play poker... poker is something that if you don't understand it and are aware of what you do can cause you a lot of problems, it is not something that is recommended for teenagers

A

ash190

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MY
Chips
Nah, man, I wouldn't let my kids play poker before they're 18.... Gotta keep things age-appropriate, you know?

Last edited:
mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as a kid growing up myself, I grew up playing all kinds of card games and board games monopoly ,spades, Dominoes Uno etc.. as I got into my teenage years, we would play poker for chips. I don’t think there’s any harm in teaching your child how to play poker in his or her teenage years. poker is a game of strategy, luck, and knowing when to fold them and when to hold them .. it teaches you that sometimes the best hand doesn’t always win .kind of like life.. now that my kids and grandkids are grown, instead of play money we have poker nights and yes, I take their Quarters , and sometimes they take mine.. and with all that’s going on in the world I’d rather have a family poker night, then have them running the streets.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Ill let them play cards and also teach them to be respectfull with the game also.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yes, absolutely. help with critical thinking and money management

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My 12 years old daughter play freeroll sometimes but never tournament with cash or cash game....but she playing very well

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a mental sport, it helps you develop many skills that you have, I think it should not be prohibited, any age can play, under 18 years old always with play money, then you can play with real money.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Yes, sure...for money in kindergarten if they want! (I don't have kids 😀 )

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes if he wants to,but only with play money XD
If he says that want to play with real money then he will need to study a lot first XD
God bless

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I allow them to play poker after 18 years old, but I don't think that this will greatly affect their psyche until they are 18 years old. what do you think ?
I would forbid my kids from playing poker. Children should primarily engage in sports, music, reading and studying. I think I would be able to find a compromise without scandals and tantrums and my children and I would be able to agree on mutually beneficial terms :)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Deposits only from the day they turn 18 and I will strongly recommend they never make a deposit in all there lifes. bankroll being created from playing freerolls and at the same time learning the basics of poker DBP. (discipline,balls of steel and patience)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I could play Chess before I went into Kindergarten, (we call it Infant School here in the UK) and I Taught my Daughter how to play blackjack before she started in Infant School. There is nothing wrong in teaching your kids Self defence before they are 18, many start Boxing, Karate and other forms of Martial arts before they are 18, and teaching them how to handle a deck of cards before they get suckered into playing such games in later life is just preparing them to defend themselves at a Card Table.
I remember my Daughter turning 18 and going to her first Party where there was alcohol being served, and although it is Legal here in the UK, it doesn't stop you worrying about them. We let her go on the understanding she Phoned home when she wanted to leave and I would pick her up.
When she did my Wife was talking to her while I got my shoes and coat and my wife started to laugh, I asked her what was so funny and she said, "Sara said Tell dad when he taught me to play cards, he did a good job, because I just rinsed all the lads at the Party"
When she got into the car I said "Thankyou, but remember this, I may have taught you everything you know about playing cards, but I haven't taught you everything I know, there's a big difference" :):)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My kids have never been interested in gambling, and I'm glad for that. My children often see that I play in the evenings, but they themselves do not show interest. In general, I think that children under the age of 18 should not play gambling games.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes but only with play money XD
And if they want to play with real money then they must study a lot to do that XD
God bless

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
No harm teaching the game but have to be very careful encouraging gambling in youngsters.

most sites wont allow play until 18 years

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yh man so long as they are not putting money into it

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't have kids, but there is nothing wrong with playing cards. My grandfather taught me how to play 5-card draw using candy when I was like 6 years old.

Now, if you're teaching your kids to play poker using real money that they receive from their allowance or mowing lawns, then that could be a problem. Don't do that lol. But just playing cards without the exchange of money, there is nothing wrong with that.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It seems to me that playing as a family wouldn't seem bad to me. But of course not using real money. Just for fun.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No.
They can play other social card games to learn the cards and the basic ideas, but not poker

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No . Over 21 people should be allowed to play legally poker or to gamble . 21 or less shouldn't be allowed . Unfortunately children can access poker rooms online and create accounts with fake id (from parents , relatives,friends) , that's a problem for governments to deal with seriously

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no point in banning it, it is important to keep it under control. On the one hand, this is an intellectual game, it develops the child, his cognitive functions, analytical thinking and self-control, and teaches him to follow the rules. But on the other hand, due to the fact that the emotional sphere in children is unstable, this can lead to the formation of addiction.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For a person under 18 to play poker for fun is normal. I don't think it would be cool for people to take poker seriously as a professional at that age.