Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with kids playing poker. I myself was like that. The main thing is the right upbringing.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that playing poker in a controlled way helps you to develop certain things in our daily life, such as controlling our emotions and also to perform calculations quickly, and this is better when you are at an age where we learn things faster like when you are younger

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm impressed, or maybe concerned, that several folks in this thread seem to think that their kids let the folks do all their decision making for them up to & in some cases after they turn 18. Worked hard to teach mine to start making decisions for themselves much younger than that. Learning to play poker seems to me to be quite a ways down the list of important ones.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that it even needs to be done, poker makes you think, play combinations and so on, so I think this is not bad

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

Below 18 you can drive, smoke, drink, marry,etc etc etc
Why not poker?????????
Rgds

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I they wanted to know the rules of the game , I would have no problem teaching them how to play the game.but only play money gamesI think you can have fun with them that way.After 18 years old , they will be able to play for real money.It would be much better if they started playing freerolls with a good bankroll management.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I started at about 11. I asked my Aunt to teach me. A poker hand is used in the game of Michigan Rummy to start the game. If you win the hand, you get the pot and go first. I needed to know how to play. We played for pennies.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course they can play before the age of 18, as long as they play for fun and for free until they have knowledge and experience of the sport.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think children should not play poker under the age of 18. Poker is not bad, but they are still young and also don't have much experience in controlling themself, they can easily get addicted to it.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We had three children and as a family we would play poker all together occasionally. All three are grown up now and none of them even play poker. I really don’t see the harm.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, why not? If they want to...of course, they'll have to learn bankroll management, responsible risk and not descend into to much of the "gambler mindset" which invokes tilting off their money. If they are responsible about it, then playing cards isn't a problem at all.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not agree that my child will play poker for money by that age, but I agree that he should learn the game, I have learned to play poker at 16 and I see nothing wrong as long as the game is for fun

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I allow them to play poker after 18 years old, but I don't think that this will greatly affect their psyche until they are 18 years old. what do you think ?
It's funny, but all my children are over 18 years old.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have kids but I consider that if minors don't play for money they can start to play before 18 years old.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I was about 11 when I saw my aunt playing poker. I wanted to know how the game went but she told me that I was too young for that and that it was too hard, I was very disappointed. Not only because she told me that I was too young, but above all because she told me it was too heavy and hadn't even tried to show it to me. I don't think there's anything wrong with learning your children to play poker for fun. But when it comes to playing with money then I think you should wait until they are at least 18

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pessoalmente, eu permito que eles joguem pôquer depois dos 18 anos, mas não acho que isso vá afetar muito a psique deles até os 18 anos. O que você acha ?
yes I will allow as long as he informs me every day the values of the moves and I am close to him.

YourKarma96

YourKarma96

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I’m actually 17 now and I was playing poker as long as I can remember and I treat it just like a game not something I want to do when my parents aren’t watching. I’ve won some small tournaments online “as my father” hahaha but I’ve never treated poker as a gamble it’s just a game it’s like a chess tournament with buy in an prize and chips are just game money and I don’t think that it affects children at all. I was playing poker with family as long as I can remember and I think that’s why poker for me is just a game like monopoly hahahah

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will try to avoid it as much as possible until I understand its maturity.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would be against my children playing poker until they are of age. Chess, yes, computer games, yes, but not games for money.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
My daughter turned 10 years old and my son will be 8 in 3 months. In high school they are teaching chess, a game that I have never been interested in or understand well, but I know that good chess players tend to be good poker players. My daughter loves math and in addition to liking it she has a great knowledge (Just like her father in his time), she plays and talks a lot about chess and can even be a good poker player in the future and my son can even follow the same path.
Answering the topic question. I don't see a problem so much that intelligence prevails over emotion.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that from the age of 16 I will stop, I believe that you have to be an age that knows how to deal with loss and gain of money, something that a child doesn't know how to deal with very well and ends up getting carried away by emotion, even adults end up harming themselves with games that involve betting, imagine with children or teenagers

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
If it were me, instead of playing poker, I would play something more suitable for it

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I've seen people post the question several times now.... poker is a card game, just like any other card game.

The gambling part only enters the picture if you add in money but you can play any game for money..... so no I don't think children should be gambling.

My grandfather taught me all kinds of card games as a kid including poker, it makes you use your brain, learning the math and strategy of the game👍

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I would not recommend playing poker for children, or any other gambling games, it seems to me that the most appropriate age to start playing is 20-21 years old.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont see problem playing poker. The bigger problem around poker is gambling real money...