Why are you not playing League games?

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I barely have the time. I work full time, and the days I have off i'm either taking care of my house or trying to win the real bucks.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to join, but it just wouldn't fit my schedule.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Prefer to play for money and try to build my bankroll

2) Can only play at set times due to family/work/the rest

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't commit to play at the scheduled times.

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is banal timezone, I have it mostly late at night.And so I would pleasure to play, if change time, better before the league for a vote on the time so that everyone can play.

Our League schedule is adapted for members across the world.

TUE - 10pm Ukraine time
WED - 9pm Ukraine time

Have to look into these games. Sounds very interesting for sure.

Pat, you would be a huge asset to these Leagues. Summer Season ends tonight, and the new season signs up next week. Check out some of the League links in my signature. Hope to see you in Autumn.

IMO it would be worth it even without prizes. Yes, they are held as play money games, but the play is anything but.

It's hard to find games of this caliber to participate in without having to pay large buy-ins, but be forewarned that playing in league can also be very hard on the ego if you've been thinking that you're a much better player than you really are. Playing against people who are way better than you are is a great way to learn though, as long as you're actively working to identify and correct your mistakes.

+1. If you're playing solely for prizes, you're missing the point. League play is tough, competitive, and responsible for shaping up most of your games, while also providing a fun atmosphere to play in. It's a win-win.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I play on Friday nights ET time which is Saturday morning my time, it is the game I look forward to all week, the play is excellent, the camaraderie is excellent and it is a great way to meet other die hard CC members.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on Friday nights ET time which is Saturday morning my time, it is the game I look forward to all week, the play is excellent, the camaraderie is excellent and it is a great way to meet other die hard CC members.

Not the thread for why you DO want to play. Trying to get an idea of why folks don't join.

For me it is too many teams. Making it too easy to be shot down early in the season with no reasonable chance to recover.. Easy solution IMHO, is divisional play. Something like any league in any game has. Which lead to playoffs, and extra excitement. If such a thing occurs, I would be tempted to come back enthusiastically. Maybe even as a Captain.

Not to mention there could be a couple of time changes to be more Euro-centric.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Thought I'd post some of the good things about league to entice new players that enter this thread to maybe change their minds, not trying to derail.

With extra teams a divisional thing would be good imo.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't care for play money games
don't care for ps home games
plainly anti-social
commitment phobic
not enough incentive.

This.

Love poker tournament leaderboards etc. but they have to give lots of value / some good incentive to play. Time and amount of tables I can play is limited.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fall season
has Thanks giving, X mas....LOL
my minds are on how to find bargains...LOL

Top 10 Games