Why are you here?

J

jamesbeards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To learn, engage with the community and always nice to play a freeroll.

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been registered for a long time, and only now decided to start my own development.:cool:

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined years ago for the freerolls that I saw listed on my poker sites. I'm glad I did because this is the best site in poker with the best community. It also continues to improve.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Maybe some people are here for freeroll passwords. But I'm proud of that i'm not one of them. Simply because most of those freerolls are happening the networks which they doesnt allow customers from my country. Only GG Network :) And maybe Intertops and iPoker . No Pokerstars, ACR or others...

I'm here because when i was searching something about poker, i found the MOST right and helpfull writings here when i search on Google. Then i wanted to be a part of this family. I'm really happy of that. When i need to know something (even stupid things) people doesnt judge me and trying to help me without want anything. Just to help me. I believe my poker level would be much better now if i was join here before. Thanks Cardschat!

I hope that i'll be a really good poker player in future and that will be happen with help of Cardschat members who replies my questions (even stupid questions!). And I hope i'll be able to help some other people here when i be really good player. I think i owe that to this forum and to people who helped me. For example @Phoenix Wright who adviced me really useful ideas and two nice books!

Bumping 2 year old thread shows exactly why some people are here lol :bebored:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For anybody not a secret that originally we all came here for the password! But then (personally) I found a lot of useful poker information and communication with like-minded people here.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe some people are here for freeroll passwords. But I'm proud of that i'm not one of them. Simply because most of those freerolls are happening the networks which they doesnt allow customers from my country. Only GG Network :) And maybe Intertops and iPoker . No Pokerstars, ACR or others...

I'm here because when i was searching something about poker, i found the MOST right and helpfull writings here when i search on Google. Then i wanted to be a part of this family. I'm really happy of that. When i need to know something (even stupid things) people doesnt judge me and trying to help me without want anything. Just to help me. I believe my poker level would be much better now if i was join here before. Thanks Cardschat!

I hope that i'll be a really good poker player in future and that will be happen with help of Cardschat members who replies my questions (even stupid questions!). And I hope i'll be able to help some other people here when i be really good player. I think i owe that to this forum and to people who helped me. For example @Phoenix Wright who adviced me really useful ideas and two nice books!

Glad I helped you out :)

In regards to the op of this thread, I've given my "poker origin story" in a few other places on cardschat, but I'll give a shortened version here too I suppose.

I never had much interest in poker or other "thrills of gambling." I wasn't against it per se - just that it wasn't me. However, what I have always had an interest in was psychology and I have a natural knack at reading people. It wasn't until one day I literally just woke up from bed one morning and thought to myself: "I bet I could be good at poker." :D

I guess I sort of took up poker as a challenge for myself and as a way to put my psychology abilities to the test. I've learned a lot about poker since then and have really improved my poker ability as a result. Very shortly after I decided to take up poker a bit more (although still in the realm of "hobby" for sure), I figured I needed a place to ask poker questions and learn more. I seeked a friendly poker community and so I researched some online poker forums - I found cardschat and have loved it here since. It wasn't until just recently (May 31st, 2020 was my first freeroll) I learned about the freerolls :)

I am still fairly new to poker, but I am usually a quick learner with most things I attempt. I created my cardschat account just a few months ago (I have a lot of posts for this amount of time because I am talkative ;) ), but I love this site and it is a great place to discuss the game we all share.

Good luck at the poker tables everyone :)

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To learn more on how to play poker.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm here to see what other people have to say about online poker but also for the free rolls has well.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Glad I helped you out :)

In regards to the op of this thread, I've given my "poker origin story" in a few other places on cardschat, but I'll give a shortened version here too I suppose.

I never had much interest in poker or other "thrills of gambling." I wasn't against it per se - just that it wasn't me. However, what I have always had an interest in was psychology and I have a natural knack at reading people. It wasn't until one day I literally just woke up from bed one morning and thought to myself: "I bet I could be good at poker." :D

I guess I sort of took up poker as a challenge for myself and as a way to put my psychology abilities to the test. I've learned a lot about poker since then and have really improved my poker ability as a result. Very shortly after I decided to take up poker a bit more (although still in the realm of "hobby" for sure), I figured I needed a place to ask poker questions and learn more. I seeked a friendly poker community and so I researched some online poker forums - I found cardschat and have loved it here since. It wasn't until just recently (May 31st, 2020 was my first freeroll) I learned about the freerolls :)

I am still fairly new to poker, but I am usually a quick learner with most things I attempt. I created my cardschat account just a few months ago (I have a lot of posts for this amount of time because I am talkative ;) ), but I love this site and it is a great place to discuss the game we all share.

Good luck at the poker tables everyone :)
This is a very good story i enjoyed it, now if i my ask just how do you read a person your playing online i've tried to get a good read on some but just can't seem to get it to work,how do you do it? :confused:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am here because the community is good :five: and there is a lot to learn.
And of course the freeroll is a great opportunity to build the stack. :icon_bril
(I know it’s a 2-year-old thread but once it’s come out, I’ll answer.:laugh:)

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came to this site so I could get in on the CardsChat freerolls. Now that I'm here I find that there is a lot to learn and consider about poker. Just being active in the threads gives you a much broader perspective on many subjects. I'm still here for the freerolls but it's a lot of fun interacting with other poker players! Why are you here?
I'm here first because of the opportunity you get to play free tournaments by earning tournament keys. But now I see that I have discovered something more than that, a family with varieties of themes and opinions to share worldwide. If you choose well and scrutinize the threads, you can even learn more about poker, where situations are discussed that make you see the game at another level of thought. I am happy to be part of Cardschat, what more to be a poker player, a page like this.:rolleyes:

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning poker in 30 days are really good! try it if you didnt yet :)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came here looking for Freerrolls and I found a very good poker forum in general beyond them. The page is very interesting and highly recommended.

J

jackos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm here to learn how to play better poker

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am here to get back my status as a freeroll member, its been months since i was back here...but originally i was here for the freerolls cardschat offers

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm here for the fun, the games and newly formed friends who have the same likes and dislikes.This is now the longest oldest forum I'm a member of

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this forum is a rich place of tips and information for your learning and also with great frerooll for you to participate

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So....

I was here at first just to get the freeroll, but now I am here because I love this forum. Seriously. There are so many sections. (Not only about poker) Here you can chat with people, get advice from good players, take a training course. I'm comfortable here.

Royal_K

Royal_K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, I'm here because I like playing poker.

I also think it's important to get in touch with other poker players so you can learn from each other.

In the end, my goal is to grow in poker. I have no intention of becoming the best poker player in the world, but the best poker version of myself.

J

jackos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm here because I like the community and to learn poker

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the freerolls first and foremost.
But that's not to undervalue the content of the site. Extremely useful for newbies and beginners looking to earn their first bucks.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To share content with people around the world.
To learn. To learn. And learn.
Share. Share. And share.
If in addition to that we aspire to have fun in some exclusive freerolls! What better !!!

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm here to learn and improve my poker skills so i can play the game to the best of my ability :ciao: hope to see your chips in front of me soon:hahaha:

The Riff_Raff :cool: