Chips
Poker the only game that you can do everything right and still loose

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to keep studying and using bankroll management. I was told by a pro if I want to play $3 mtt I should start with a $500 bankroll. Bankroll management is the hardest thing for me. I always want to jump into higher stakes when I'm winning.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard because nothing is easy. Studying and finding time to play are the ways to get better but the thing that crushes you the most is variance. If you can't handle it and start tilting you can lose a lot more then you should in a session. Which leads to Bank Roll Management this is what takes you from your 9-5 to being a pro

Ninja Jyraia

Ninja Jyraia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it hard because it is a mental game and to learn it we will have to wait untill we reach a good level of poker skills.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
saw a few comments above that I agree with. Big stacks can be intimidating. You can have all the good cards in the world, but lady luck can kill you, and if she doen't then the big stack will scare the crap out of you. I often find that whn I go in with the "good cards" I get toasted, and when I stay out of a hand because I have "bad cards" they turn out to be winners. Some days are diamonds !!!

soccer1996

soccer1996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
read more thematic literature, improve your skills and you will succeed.

G

gomes766

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only way to play better is more practice. I play poker everyweekends with friends. It helps to improve my gaming skills

N

NutsForPLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it? It depends on what you’re playing. I remember playing online with free money chips and played a 1 table sit and go and went all in about 15 hands in a row and won. I remember playing a $115 major tourney online going deep, was second in chips and called all in with quad JJ and lose to a royal flush against the tourney chip leader. Poker for the most part will always be around and no matter what people say, you’re still gambling. The skill takes place in minimizing losses and maximizing wins. Good luck.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
odds

luck . odds. conefindce. pataince. will power . havefunAA:)

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is serious and probably rhetorical, probably hard to win poker, as many are not just beginners, and people trying to make poker profitable hobby! You need to learn and improve-one way out!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems difficult because it requires a lot of study time, the rewards will turn in the long run.

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an even playing field, it's just as hard for your opponents, unless they're cheating, so if it's hard for you, then it's hard for others also.

totally correct!

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have passion for something, everything is easy. Everything is possible. Someone who has passion for poker doesnt mind spending a year or two learning about it and then playing.

Totally Correct!

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should rethink if your game is correct, if so, you are going through negative variance and if everything remains the same, ... withdraw a time, is the best option:joyman:

Correct!

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why Poker so hard to win?:confused:

For every winner there has to be a loser. Some players are better than others and have spent time learning the game.

Online many sites don't draw cards randomly, they induce heavy betting to get a larger rake. Some have excessive rakes which makes it hard to win in the end.