Why people prefer Texas Holdem to Omaha?

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with omaha winning but a few things I differ on opinion with you about would be

3) More likely to get rivered due to draws having a ton more outs than in holdem (IE 13/17 card wraps etc)
Is it really fair to say you got "rivered" when the drawing hand has such good odds? You make a pot sized bet, which offers 2-1 to the caller and that isn't enough to drive out a good draw - and it shouldn't be.

The first time I saw a televised Omaha game, Sammy Farha get it all in on the flop with a monster wrap + flush draw versus a set. The bad beat was Farha losing that hand.

Too many people on this thread (and I don't mean you personally) are applying Holdem hand values to Omaha. Starting hands where the four cards work together for straight and flush possibilities are much stronger than QQxx, which is weak hand. Sure any four cards can win, just like any two in Holdem, but people who play uncoordinated hands will lose in the long run. They will see their weak set beat by a strong one. They will see their weak two pair meat a flush or a straight. You have to learn to evaluate your hands with a broader view.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so much more fun ....until you get quartered

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha and hold'em two types that you can play especially for beginners say even Omaha easier is because a greater chance of winnings if you count outs =)))) As for me, I mostly play in hold'em rarely play tournaments Omaha =)

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I occasionally play Omaha High and some open face Chinese. But you see more people drawing to the nuts often in Omaha and your expectations for hands must be higher. It's a bit more complex. More cards, more outs, more math. I find it gullible when people are dealt AAAA or KKKK in Omaha and they shove all in preflop. Must be some Holdem players that think it's quads when it's only going to be a pair of aces/kings by the river. Still learning though, I'm not your expert.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why people prefer Texas Hold'em to Omaha?
I'm new player and I instantly loved the Omaha Hi-Low concept (multiple winnings, and winnings on low cards). What's the catch? What I'm missing about Texas?

Thank you

simple, because holdem its so much easier to play, and you dont need to overthink every bet. also omaha has lots of luck considering that many players are involved in a hand, there are lots of strategy thats for sure, but almost any hand in omaha has great chances to become strong on the flop and its very tough to decide whether you are winning or losing, especially when you dont have the nuts, but hit a set, a low straight, low full house. losing with those hands could be frustating and this happens quite often in omaha unlike holdem in which a very strong hand ends up winning in most cases making the game less frustating and easier than omaha.

hugomito

hugomito

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem was the first poker mode that i was learned.

Holdem is easy to play, and stimulate more the mind. Maybe one day, i'll start to play omaha, but now, i play only TH

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like them both but Hold'em is an easier game; moderately good players have clear edges while Omaha is MUCH more fluid and you almost never have s huge edge over any reasonable opponent early in the hand. I only play Omaha when I feel like gambling because I know the money is going in often with very slim margins. Frankly, the swings in Omaha are to much for me to put much time in.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe because the math in hold'em is more easy than math in omaha

A

ad1993

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on my mind Omaha is more difficult than texas holdem because it is too difficult to understand what your opponent have , but I prefer holdem it is uniqe game :D

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules