Why K9?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can only play on K9 if a small call needs to be made and these cards of the same suit. And just to see the flop.

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a high possibility that you have that one hand that you won some important game with. If it keeps giving you result then there might be people who really like it.
On a more serious cardplayer though, K9 suited for instance depending on your position at the table is definently a hand to open, according to alot of card charts, it's said to be a profitable move, like defending BB or raising from the button etc.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like K9 and I play with it on early stages or when I am at BB

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Divide 13 cards of a suit in two parts like this. One part consist of 2 to 9 (call it, smaller cards) and another part 10 to Ace (call it bigger cards). Smaller cards are proportionately about twice to that of bigger cards. That means if you have 2 smaller cards then you will have one bigger card. And that is what happens in a flop most of the time. We get 2 smaller and one bigger.
Some player consider K9 for play as it covers both, smaller cards as well as bigger cards. Their chances of hitting the flop increases as compared with the opponent who is playing only with 2 bigger cards.
I know, you may disagree with this concept. But who knows it might change your gaming plans as it definitely widen your range of play.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe because this hand is not neighbours in count and easier to catch a pair.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play that hand too, sometimes when it's suited, most of the time I choose to fold it. I can't see why people would like it :)

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might play it if it was suited. Not a great hand to play IMO though...

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playng with K9 coz its dog hand can be bite :)

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are there people that prefer K9 than other hand?

Why K9, not KT, KQ, KJ, KA???

Thanks

I do not think normal players prefer K9 unless they are people who do not know how to play poker and bet on luck

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I love K9 especially spades. Not so much offsuit. But for me it is canine..dogs. My favorite. I have 4. And they must be good luck.