Why Do You Play Poker?

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just for fun. I need more practice and knowledge. Good luck!

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now I guess I play since I realize I am not really good at anything else and playing poker I enjoy it and have had some success, and there is still a lot to learn in this game always.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because 1 day I intend on winning the Sunday millions

alexkit13

alexkit13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this very exciting and smart game!!!)

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple question with thousands answers [emoji846] Adrenaline.. excitement.. suddenly passes between happiness and sadness.. beautiful feeling after sitting on table after loss [emoji846] plus silly idea of getting rich and to prove you are the best. Imagining my self playing Sunday million anniversary with millions bonuses, final table middle stacked [emoji41]

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I want to change my life.

I was poor when I was a child,and I didn't study well,fail in the college entrance

examination.I lost a lot of things in the past few years.

I was feel hopeless until poker come into my life.I think everything will be fine soon

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very competitiv so i gues thats the biggest reason. Also you can play it daily and it vill never be the same game

R

robroiii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun mostly, however I do think given the proper bankroll management I could really make a lot of money as a pro

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play because it is primarily interesting to me.well, earning should be a desire

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun. I enjoy the challenge of trying to out wit other players and win pots when they are least expecting the hand that I hold. I started playing games with play chips, but now that I have collected over 17 million the fun is gone out of that part of the game. Now my challenge is to play freerolls and try to win cash so that I can expand from there.

dragon1977

dragon1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a hobby for me but I hope I will be a professional poker player one day.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes we all want to be pro, but it's one of the hardest things to do because poker can really shaft you big time

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never be a pro. It's take a too much time and I thing that if I got pro I will never like the game like now.

N

ngk80

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, If it for pleasure is good for relax.

G

gabriel_souza

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For fun, but also taking seriously and trying to improve my skills

L

laiomaycon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because I find a fast and practical thinking game containing luck and mind manipulation, its somewhat abusive content in games makes it come up with several types of tournaments. I like hobo

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun and thinking outside the box .....its sports for the stationary man jk ....i jus love it

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who says that he play poker for fun and pleasure !!! Why do not you tell the truth:confused:? You (like me:cool:) play to win money, preferably BIG money! But while you do not get anything (like me:D)!;)

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play for fun or thinking that one day you're going to start a great tournament?
Hey. In truth, poker is an intellectual game. For me, poker and chess are on the same scale. And yet why poker and how it happened. Once in a deep youth, the rules were explained to me and we began to play. I noticed that the game shows signs of nervousness and emotional joys and disappointments. The game was on candy wrappers, pebbles - they did not do any good for us - because the same paper could be recruited at home and pebbles collected on the nearest beach - the essence was venturesome and the desire to become the best and the first to go on for a long time. When we grew older interest in stones and other nonsense disappeared, we began to play for money mostly on small things. This added adrenaline because in life much is tied up on the days. In my first youthful big win, I realized that in fact, poker for me is not for money and not for the prize place - in the first place this is a way of self-monitoring and analysis of what is happening - poker is more than finance is a whole brain process that can simultaneously relax you , to strain and so on, that is, a diverse list of emotional outbursts. When it turns out to control emotions, the results are always prose, which is even more pleasing because the main prize is not money but skills in self-control. But money is still not an integral part of the game, it gives a kind of meaning - it is a raisin on the cake with cherries :)
One post on such a question does not answer - the fact. Sometimes I think, and the book is not enough to describe the whole point.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope to move on to bigger buy in tournaments. I have a skill but not yet a bankroll.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I expect from poker

Initially I played for fun, today I am interested in evolving and becoming profitable, I am studying watching classes, reviewing hands, and now participating in forums and discussions about poker in an attempt to evolve.

Last edited by a moderator:
charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play because I like it and also because I intend to become a professional one day.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
While I'm playing for fun. But there is hope for a good win someday. Without this hope, I would not have played probably.

D

dpoole71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to money of course i think everyone does but i truly love this game its mental warfare every time yourre at the felt its a game of incomplete information and a game that can never be mastered