Why do I keep bubbling?

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well now I am looking into Regular 60c turbos since i have a br for it now. with only Carbon points and 23c I was quite limited in my game selection ( 11c 6h sup Turbos)

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate DoNs just sit there and try to take 1 person out then the blinds go higher, and everyone place super nit tight and the big stacks rake in all the blinds... and then even after u have 3k in chips you have to fight back with maginal hands just so the blinds wont eat you while all the short stacks are shoving constantly. nahh im good :) superturbos are what i like to play, no one has any clue how to play them. haha

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but super turbos are not about skill, they are more about luck. Aren't they?

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all :) I make some crazy plays often, and get them to fold to me more times than not. Sure luck is involved in any poker game, but every game has an edge. A good shove fold strategy goes a long way :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that you might consider playing nonturbos.

If you have an edge then you should be interested in seeing as many hands as possible and build a decent stack before everyone gets into shove/fold mode.
In that case... I'd suggest super duper duper hyper super extra duper turbos.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but super turbos are not about skill, they are more about luck. Aren't they?

That's one of those great big myths that doesn't really have much to do with reality. They're still a skill game because they're still about who has the best push/fold game and understanding of ICM.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They still have skill as oZ mentions, just a differant type of skill. Skills like mass multitabling, push/folding ranges, and probabilities come into play a lot more. NASH is way more important in ST's also.

25 buyin downswings are quite normal and happen quite often. Even more so in super turbos, i wouldn't be suprised if 50+ buyin downswings happen fairly regularly in ST games..

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe on the bubble restrict yourself to AK+ and QQ+?

Not sure about that in a superturbo? lol.

You should be widening your range and abusing the bubble not become a nit who is scared of bubbling. Worse advice ever.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't agree with this statement either.

I suck at HT big time, but they are profitable for the right player., if you are prone to tilt then they can't really ever be profitable as the edge is quite small in them, if you tilt you're going to be losing big time.

You only have to look at someone like Jorj95 to realise that they aren't luck based.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol 25BI downswingaments - read about a guy earlier who was running 120BIs above all in EV on the Euro push/fold cash tables (5-20bb stacks) at the $500/$1k stakes...variance in those can't be that much different to super turbos