Chips
STU UNGAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the rest are waaaaaaay waaaaaay behind

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a lot of players and most of them are old school players.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Daniel N. I know he talks too much at the table, but his instincts and ability to read opponents hands is uncanny. I like Phil Ivey also -- it is hard not to love someone who is so good at what they do and yet remains humble . . . Those are traits that Phil Ivey possesses. In the past I thought Phil Helmueth's antics were somewhat humorous, but after the past four years when every day the USA had to endure so much bullying, hatred and disrespect I no longer find him or that type of behavior humorous . . .

A

auslender72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l like to watch tom dwan, but my favorite player is doyle brunson

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Juan Soto- Oh, you meant poker not baseball- Daniel Negreanu.

Last edited:
frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Daniel Negreanu. He is skillful, smart and a very, very good person to drink some beers.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu. Negreanu's demeanor is the exact opposite of what some of the greatest poker pros do today: he's nice. So nice that many players are actually not impressed by him and therefore often underestimate his skill level. He is also very easy to get along with and communicative

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu the god of poker lol

A

aaronz1303

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
daniel negurenu cause he can read and i learned how he reads.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldnt say I have a favorite but I definitely would say Phil Laak is the funnies player, Nick Schulman is a charming word magician and in general, I respect anyone who can make a living by playing this fun/savage game.

B

Blaze716

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say Phil Hellmuth. Just loved how he played. He would rarely play bs cards and his blowups are also every entertaining to watch...

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, Anatoly Filatov has become my favorite, and I also like the game of Gleb Tremzin. :cool:

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When it comes to cash games, I've always liked the european aggrolagtards, like Viktor Blom, Ilarie Sahamies, Gus Hansen.

I would like to learn their style.

For the MTTS, I like Phil Hellmuth, Stu Ungar, and the greek beast Alexandros Kolonias.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mickey Appleman.

What a blast from the past - love it! The old Mayfair Club in New York City was filled with famous names, except they weren't famous back then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfair_Club

The Mayfair Club developed a reputation as a training ground for poker players in the mid-eighties as a result of a small group of elite players who played at the club. In the 1987 World Series of Poker (WSOP), Mayfair Club regulars finished very high in the Main Event. Jay Heimowitz finished in 11th place, Mickey Appleman in 8th, Dan Harrington in 6th, and Howard Lederer in 5th. This strong showing was repeated in the 1988 WSOP when Jay Heimowitz finished in 15th place, and Erik Seidel in 2nd place. Heimowitz had previously finished third in the 1980 WSOP Main Event and sixth in the 1981 rendition. As of January 2009, these five former Mayfair Club players have won a total of 22 WSOP bracelets, four World Poker Tour titles, and numerous other poker accolades. In 1995, Dan Harrington won the WSOP Main Event, and he went on to make the final table of the main event in 2003 and 2004, for a total of four WSOP Main Event final table appearances. They have also written numerous books and articles. The Mayfair was also home court for business executive Wendeen Eolis, the first woman to cash in the Main Event, namely the 1986 rendition. Other famous players such as Noli Francisco, Steve Zolotow, Stu Ungar, David Catapano, Howard Lederer, Erik Seidel, Jason Lester and Paul Magriel became club regulars, too, further enhancing the club's reputation as the premier poker club in New York. Later, the Chesterfield Club in the film Rounders was modeled after the Mayfair Club.

I can tell you're an old school player. LOL You can probably tell, I am too, altho I wasn't playing the game seriously until the post-Moneymaker boom.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
daniel negreanu is everything i would like to be as a professional poker player

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am of two minds on this on one hand I follow DNegs career but I had to unfollow him on social media because it became too political. I don't care .who you vote for that's your business. I am here for the poker. I also keep an eye on Phil Hellmuth

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phill Ivey... not only that I love his play style I love the way he thinks about the hands he play before it, the way he draws his opponent to do whatevery he likes most of the times the guy is just great!!!
Also has the name of my favorite cousin who passed away

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be unfair to say just one name ... but that's the question v, but I would give all of the old school a thank you for so many excellent moments and rich in learning to so many names that have passed through the history of poker ... all At the time, extraordinary players and of course nowadays, in my point of view, there are better than the old guard. Because of the fact that he was born in the century of technology. Thanks to this, poker has much more competition in the present. To say names also unfair, I would say there is a group of players with various strategies that already have a name in history ... when can I name names? when the poker party is over and I am sure it will just begin ... honors to those who deserve them ... all poker players ... I respect and share the names of my friends of the thread ...

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never call him my "favorite player", but this is a very good video on one of the old school players, Paul Magriel whose main claim to fame was not poker, but he was perhaps the greatest backgammon player ever. Later in life, thanks to his mates at Mayfair Club, that's when Paul got into poker.

RIP, X-22... and of course... QUACK QUACK :D