ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Who is your poker idol and why do you admire him?

Last edited:
userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are several players that I admire. They are Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey, Justin Bonomo. These are the players whose achievements really made a strong impression on me. But only one player is my favorite. It's me.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I like watching tournaments and competitions at the highest level, although last year I rarely watch them due to lack of time. I still enjoy watching Daniel Negreanu's hands, even though he doesn't always win, but it's poker after all.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negrano, he is always happy and has a good time, not like other players who dont crack a smile.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I have quite a few for different reasons. Not in any order just as they come to mind. Phil Galfond, Ivey, Helmuth, Jennifer Harmon, Doyle, Scotty Nguyen, Johnny Chan and Stu Ungar.
1) Galfond. Just seems like a decent, avg guy, very knowledgeable guy all round with great character. All while being a very good high stakes player.
2) Ivey. That dam glare/stare is amazingly intimidating. It's like he can see right thru you into your soul. Great player and very smart/knowledgeable gambler overall.
3) Helmuth. 17 wsop bracelets. Greatest MTT and WSOP player of all-time and away from the table a good guy. Could do without some of his table outbursts though. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad lol.
4) Jennifer Harmon. Always been a fan of Jen showing my age I guess. Like Galfond she just seems like good honest people and back in the day was one of the best women playing.
5) Doyle. The godfather of poker. Enough said. 10/2 RIP.
6) Scotty Nguyen, Johnny Chan and Stu Ungar. Again showing my age a bit lol. Like Doyle not much needs to be said about these guys. You may not like him but Scotty drinking/drunk at the table is entertaining and a lot over board for 2023. They'd wanna hang him for that now days lol.

"You call baby, it's gonna be all over"

Cheers!!!

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My Idol is TheDDOOGG :) Because he did challenge from bankroll 0 to 100 usd without deposit :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Daniel Negrianu. He is a member of the Poker Hall of Fame, an idol and a poker legend. Daniel's openness, friendliness and professionalism attract new fans to him.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Daniel Negrianu. He is a member of the Poker Hall of Fame, an idol and a poker legend. Daniel's openness, friendliness and professionalism attract new fans to him.
Of course Daniel Negeanu and Phil Ivy - I saw very nice Heads off Negreanu vs Ivy...
Daniel asked him: "Did You ever play heads off?" and Ivy answer: "No, You always eliminate me" 🤣

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course Daniel Negeanu and Phil Ivy - I saw very nice Heads off Negreanu vs Ivy...
Daniel asked him: "Did You ever play heads off?" and Ivy answer: "No, You always eliminate me" 🤣
I believe that Daniel Negreanu is one of the best players today.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jennifer Lopez.
Although she doesn't seem to play poker......but if she did she would definitely be my favorite player.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Daniel Negreanu, But his 78... so often let down...)

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Daniel negreanu he is the best and a really carismatic and a legend of poker

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have one, simply because i don't follow any poker player. I focus on my game.

idvelkka

idvelkka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just watch lex veldhuis and his big forehead

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Idols...dont have ...but I like a lot Daniel Negreanu and Lex :)

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Currently, I don't have a single idol, I like Yuri Martins, Rafael Moraes, Lali, Caio Bras, Brazilian professional players who are icons of poker in our country.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like the psychology of Phil Ivey's game. It's the psychology of a winner! He's the kind of player who cares more about his opponent's hand than his own. Ivy is like a chain dog waiting for your hands to start trembling. :cool:

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Daniel negreanu Phil Hellmuth are my biggest Idols in poker!(y)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
My pokeridol is Dan Harrington reason:I have read several of his books and my skill in playing poker got much better,thank you Dan harrington.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest poker idols are Adrián Mateos and Phil Hellmuth. Who was my great idol since my childhood.