E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IVEY

Its is really hard to say, because everyone have their own style, but when it comes to mental focus and playing in a high level of mental battle id say IVEY!

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Propablu Stu Ungar and Ivey but my favorite player is Sammy Farha

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ivey, but I also admire Kara Scott.

A

Alfaomega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best poker player is Daniel Negreanu.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
uhhmmm….Daniel Negreanu does not even rate himself as being close to the best players anymore. I am not sure he puts himself in the top ten but possibly around the 20 to 10 rating.

I think its impossible to assess as we now have larger tournaments and bigger prize pools. Stu Ungar was gifted yes...but there are now a few hundred players out there that can compete at a very high level- I think the ground has shifted as regards 'all time' ratings.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best player overall is very difficult to answer and probably changes based on who’s been studying more recently/has made more improvements in their game etc. There are so many different skills under the umbrella that I think it would perhaps be more useful to break it down further like who is the best at making live poker reads (a category where Negreanu would surely rank very well), or who is the best at GTO math?

One really amazing aspect of poker is that having one skill that’s extraordinarily developed can help to fill weaker skills, such as live reads somewhat making up for (though almost never entirely imo) a lack of thorough knowledge of profitable calling ranges. In most games it seems like you just have to be great at a number of specific skills to have any chance at doing well, whereas in poker I think it’s more possible to have success with a “mixed bag” of skills—though of course it’s always best to be amazing at everything haha

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If we go off accolades then hellmeuth has got to be in the running, but Asking who the best is, is kinda of like naming the best looking actor/actress in the world! We'll all have different opinions

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are all the pictures we were shown. How many poker players have never played at WSOOP? I am sure that among them there will easily be people who will cope with all of the above.

Poker is a beautiful and smart game. It is not necessary to idealize the particular players. They're not the best. They're the ones we were shown.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My top two favorites are Tom Dwan and Phil Laak. They make the game so fun and exciting!

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle Brunson, he's battled with them all, young and old, small stakes to nosebleeds. He's withstood the test of time. True Legend.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The person who has made the most money is the best player ever in my opinion. I believe that would be Phil Ivey (publicly documented winnings). Phil Ivey has always been my favorite poker player as well :D

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I follow poker, I consider Andre Negreanu, I'm a fan of this guy.
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]sorry for my mistake where you are reading Andre please read Daniel.[/COLOR]​

Pokersolomdp

Pokersolomdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker word

Hello how are you? Negreaunu is no doubt the best player in the world. He proved many times for my taste !!:D

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is the best player of all time.I´ve always liked the good attitude he has on the tables and the amazing reading of his opponents as well..Despite the fact he hasn´t won a big tournament in years ,I do admire this guy.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said "is" or "was" but if the answer is "will be" then it's me.

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it’s really hard to compare players from different eras, as the game has developed so much.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment Daniel Negreanu. His ability to bluff an opponent with better hand is just outstanding. As an example he told an opponent that he is holding KK and bluffed him forcing him to fold with better hand.