Who is this FT Pro? He sucks...

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good poker player looks back at the hands he has sucked out on and makes the correct adjustments.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No adjustments neccesary.

sucking out= reward for perfect play.

^^everyone knows that.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never seen an Italian with a full beard before. All the ones I see are all smooth and supple until the chest. :cool:

mario-adinolfi-03.jpg

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only reason why red pros on full tilt actually plays FTP tourneys or micro/low stakes is because they have requirements to fulfill as stipulated in their contracts with FT. basically, they have to spend a X amount of hours at these stakes or tourneys every month.

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it just proves that its rigged ;)

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right .. those pros seem to "mail it in" just to fulfill their obligations. Bastards!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually fully checked out the full tilt poker website.. and they have separate lists for "Full Tilt Pros" and "Friends of Full Tilt".... the "friends" aren't FT pros, but still have their names in red.

Some of their friends include: Gabriella Hill, Mario Adinolfi, Don Cheadle, Mekhi Phifer, 2007 wsop Champ Jerry Yang (I guess he doesn't consider himself a pro), Gaming Champion "Fatal1ty," and UFC fighters Matt Hughes and Mike Swick.

I also saw Randy Couture's name actually turn red right before a charity tournament that he was putting on in the lobby. But he's not listed on the site.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks to me he had won everybody else's marbles, so from his POV he wasn't about to lose his marbles!

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FullTilt pro's can be donks too you know calling those kind of hands and nice hand by the way.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Just out of curiosity Mort, how did you do in the tourney.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but didn't you make a mistake yourself? One of your opponents had pocket J's - let me check my chart here ... hold on .... yep! Jacks are much higher than sixes. You either failed to read MP's commitment to his hand (after all he did call), or you were just assuming no one could be better than a pair of lofty sixes ... sorry to be the devil's advocate. Did you apologize to the J's guy for sucking out?

No apologies were made. I made the shove because I would race with that "FT Fiend" with any pair knowing he would call a shove. When my shove got called by the player between the two of us I already knew I was behind. But someone playing 100/100/100 I'll gladly shove into with low/mid/high PP knowing I'm getting a call and most of the time my weak pair is better than their calling range.

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Randy Couture is also a red pro over at Full Tilt.. but he puts on a lot of charity events for soldiers at Full Tilt.. maybe that's why he's a red pro.

I acctually one A randy couture tournament last year on ftp...

Now about Mario A. ,havent heard much about him,but id love to play him,if thats his playing style....

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a 600 FTP Satty to the $22 Double Deuce... I just thought pros were supposed to play to the best of their ability regardless if they are playing FTP Satty's, Low Buy-In Tourneys, or The Nosebleed tourneys... just expected much more out of him.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Sean, your buddy Mario is in the Round 1 Freeroll right now, lol.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a 600 FTP Satty to the $22 Double Deuce... I just thought pros were supposed to play to the best of their ability regardless if they are playing FTP Satty's, Low Buy-In Tourneys, or The Nosebleed tourneys... just expected much more out of him.

I used to think that too sean.... then I watched Steve Wong play at microstakes lolol.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I acctually one A randy couture tournament last year on ftp...

Now about Mario A. ,havent heard much about him,but id love to play him,if thats his playing style....

Oops.. forgot to respond to this one, haha.. I remember that tournament, I was in it as well, but didn't finish very high. I think I landed somewhere in the middle of the tournament. I railed you after I lost.. very nice win!

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't full tilt have slightly higher standards for their red pros?

It doesn't seem like it. I've seen some red pros playing bad. I saw one in a 2.25 SNG and he clearly had no concept of how to play SnG's. Presumably he was good at cash games and was just trying out a turbo SnG for fun. Still though, he was really bad...

I'd like to think he was just messing around at stakes that were meaningless to him.

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just seems like the FT version of Pstar's athlete/famous people team (ie Becker, Herscheiser <- wrong spelling probably). Except a lot worse at poker and at life

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
only reason why red pros on full tilt actually plays FTP tourneys or micro/low stakes is because they have requirements to fulfill as stipulated in their contracts with FT. basically, they have to spend a X amount of hours at these stakes or tourneys every month.

I'd have to disagree with this. I've seen quite a few who never play micros. Just cuz this guy's name's in red... doesn't necessarily mean he's rolled to play high limits. Also, different deals for different 'red' players (obviously). I'm not sure what the contracts are... have heard quite a few different thoughts on it though.

40bb shove-a-ment w 66 to someone who's 3bet?

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I have to say is...

LOL @ the thread title & I don't know. Never heard of him.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude, Just because their names are in red don't mean they're at professional level. I've played against Steve Wong. Steve Wong can't even grind 2NL and 5NL. Steve is horrible. Go check him out. Only reason why he's playing there is because full tilt pros get 100% rakeback and $35/hour just for playing. Nothing else. Calls my 4-bet all-in with pocket Jacks against my Aces pre-flop 100 big blinds and rivers a Jack. I 4-bet with Queens pre-flop and idiot 5-bets all-in pre-flop with Ace-rag and flops an Ace. Gets me frustrated to the point where I started to think if full tilt is rigged towards the pros.