Who do you think is the best poker player and why?

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The best of all time without a doubt Doyle Brunson. Multiplayer cash game and tournament player, Daniel Negreanu once said that Doyle is the link between old poker and new poker. A player who has written many books about his experiences at the tables. He is the author of the great phrase "there were players at a table that you could beat them without looking at your cards".
The best of today and the one I identify with the most is Erik Seidel. A player with a very low profile but who has more than 100 wsop cashes and 9 bracelets.
Someone you see at a table and say "this skinny guy is going to beat me", and not only does he beat you, but he leaves you bare.
He has an incredible read of the game just like Phil Ivey, and he behaves like the chameleon, he knows when to be aggressive, when to be passive, when to double up, when to fold. If you see in general the last tournaments in very difficult that you do not see Erik in the 3 final tables.
And well on this I can not stop citing Ivey, Hellmuth and Negreanu. Although for achievements worldwide the best is undoubtedly Hellmuth, followed by Ivey and then Seidel. Negreanu comes a little behind in achievements but it happens that his charisma makes him a player that you want to always win at a table, in addition to being a great player.
Then there is a very low-profile player who is Scotty Nguyen, very little named and a great player.
And the one I love is Sam Farha, the typical player with a cigarette in his mouth, he has the face of a player who knows everything at a table, a lot of experience, a great player.
Of the newer players, the one that I liked the most and who decided to leave poker to prioritize his family after having had great profits is Jason Mercier.
Of my Argentine compatriots, the one I like the most and I consider the best is Ivan Luca better known as "Negrin", a very cold and very patient player, his style for me is similar to that of Erik Seidel. A great game analyst who can sit down and play as equals at a table with the best in the world.
Likewise, I also believe that the great players are those who manage to stay active over the years. There are many players who manage to win big tournaments but then for many reasons they disappear.
greetings friend:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Justin Bonomo, Negreanu, Ivey, Hellmuth, are some famous names in poker. But who is your favorite, and what does he do that catches your eye?
I've already answered this in other topics but I don't get tired of telling myself the only one, the best is the unequaled Daniel Negreanu, the guy is a beast, charismatic, he knows how to read his opponents like no one else, with that little conversation of his, I don't know him personally, I would like one day to have this opportunity, I wouldn't understand anything he says, but it doesn't matter, just being next to such a beast would be a prize.:)(y)

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I kind of like a player at the moment that I watch on YouTube called easywithaces Fenton hand I think his name is but don’t quote me on the spelling lol he’s just a pokerstars pro but I really do rate the way he plays and he seems to reach the FT a lot! I also rate lex veldhaus probably spelled wrong aswell but those are my favourites I just enjoy their style of play

❤️🙏

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Patric Antonius

2nd place Dan Bilzerian

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Phil Helmuth....the rest of the field can thank god he isn't a very lucky player.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Helmuth....the rest of the field can thank god he isn't a very lucky player.
I've played with someone nicknamed Hellmuth, he was beatable. I think I'm going to WSOP next year.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think Helmuth, but i would like it to be Negreanu cause i like him more...

H

helen27_7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Not yet familiar with such, maybe someday I will be;)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a fan of these hold'em savants.

Poker is not just holdem in my book. The people that can play multiple games very well always get my vote over the holdem savants.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Mike Matusow for me.Τhe way he plays is very similar to mine

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
David Peters , Jason Koon, , Stephen Chidwik, Addomo Bonomo, Kenny and Ivey have to be in my top players list. There’s a few Big tournaments that these guys haven’t crushed.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey, for his ability to read the game.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think Phil Ivey is one of the biggest ever, D. Negs, and Tom Dwan is a great talent, P. Hellmuth's score list just needs to be viewed.
Alex Foxen is the hottest lately. Online Chris Moorman is one of the biggest legends.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, in my subjective opinion, Viktor Malinovsky or "limitless", under this nickname he plays online.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no best poker players. It just depends on luck . But there is popular poker players , because of amazing personality. I love Daniel Negreanu(y)(y)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Everybody! In this World, as and in Poker, the all is relatively, I think... Hence, by my opinion, impossible to call only an one Best player...
Because, I'm repeating one time more, the all is relatively!..

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan for me, i like them cause they are the most aggressive players ever.
Tom Dwan put the craziest bluffs at High Stakes Poker tv show as well.

TaNIAnT

TaNIAnT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is onelove. Just enjoy watching how he plays, how he behave.

ibalbino

ibalbino

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips

Samuel Vousden a.k.a €europ€an
Simon Mattson a.k.a C. Darwin2

Live

Fedor Holz
Adrian Mateos