When to take a break from poker???

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as soon as I want to play poker again and feel good. it's gone for a ride.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How Long To Wait

I typicaly try to take a day or two off each week, becasue if not you can become consumed by poker and not have a life outside of that.

I take all the required biblical days off away from poker and then a day here and there per eek as well away from the online poker world.
as soon as I want to play poker again and feel good. it's gone for a ride.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I ll try to have min 3 days withoout poker.Shadow of dependence is raising!

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Break

The time off anyone should take off is due to the erson but if you feel it's dragging you down I'd stop playing until you think the bad run isnt affecting the way you play

Intako

Intako

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a sabbath of 4-5 days I usually soak myself with poker. On the same spot, clothes and self (or with my girl) for 48Hrs nothing but this sick entertainment.

**As if doing something but fishing and learning.

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks and restructuring your mental state should be as strong as your want to play the game well. I heard once that the more bad beats you take you are a better player. Took me a long time to understand the truth in that. He hits his 2 outer, It happens, and it will happen again. Part of this game like, shuffling before dealing. When you come back, come back stronger or take more time.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have a day or two. If strongly it's a shame lost, then perhaps three. In General, I quickly easily appeased.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I don't take breaks from poker so I lose. I just used poker to get my labor job. Win long enough till you get the job. Now I give back to others that helped me get there. My money usually on intertops.eu.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello all,

after 3 weeks of bad beats, bad luck and just everything going wrong, im taking a break from poker. how long is the right time to refill the energy and love for the game? i just cant take it anymore. I got two trips planned for may and june so combined i should be away from poker for at least 8 weeks starting today.

It's hard to tell you what could be happening with you, because most times variance is just a way to justify a loser game, if not you would know that variance is sore but it goes by. I dont wanna seem rude but there is no other way to say that. If you are a beginner, you need to love more your money than the adrenaline that poker gives you. Gain money in poker costs time, effort and patience, so forget you can get money in poker, become a winner first. ;)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I also have days when I am not lucky, but I do not worry, and usually I continue to play freerolls or tournaments with a minimum buy-in.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break is always useful to look at your game from the side. But it will not be easy to come back and you have to be ready for it.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everytime i get tillted i do a break. Sometimes i have some breaks if i go out with my friends. Because poker isnt that important

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take your time

Just take all he time you want to get back to the game if you are not feeling good playing the best is just stop playing for a while until you feel confident again and think that is the best moment to get back to the poker tables. Maybe are not bad beats or bad luck maybe you are not really good and need to study and improve your game, it is a good idea that you take your time to study instead of playing. Study, improve and come back stronger and better.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your losing comeback over night. It will help get over the loses.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That,s all depends on your feelings. If you just understand, that right now you can,t win in poker, then take a break from the game and do some other things and when you will be ready, just try to play poker again and everything will be ok.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
In my example, it's not enough for me to play for 2-3 days, and I am ready to gradually enter into the poker rhythm for a positive game. One of my friends does not play for about a week, and this time is enough to rest. After a rest I play about 1-2 months.
But you need to completely disconnect from poker, not even think about it, do not read any articles, do not engage in the analysis of hands.
Good luck, I will be glad if my advice will help you.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think should be enough for a month, otherwise you will have forgotten how to play)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
time to break is when you dont enjoy in the game anymore or when you become bored with it

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any business or game you need a break. So you do not need to worry. It will do you good.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A break can be very helpful. If I feel too emotional I always take a break for a few hours. Also, there are days when I am not lucky, and in such cases, I take a break for a few days.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break is definitely needed, sometimes it's just too much, but when I don't play for a while, I really miss the game.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right. Take a break. I think the results improve after the break. Good luck.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your assistant is you. If you clearly know that you need a break in poker, then you can easily make every effort to distract yourself from the games. Just find something distracting. Otherwise, this is evidence of strong excitement, and you can not just break away from the game.