When to take a break from poker???

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all,

after 3 weeks of bad beats, bad luck and just everything going wrong, im taking a break from poker. how long is the right time to refill the energy and love for the game? i just cant take it anymore. I got two trips planned for may and june so combined i should be away from poker for at least 8 weeks starting today.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need play the freeroll to recover, it will help to regain confidence in yourself.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I usually go back to poker when I start to miss a game. No rules. If you want to play and you feel that you are ready to show a good game, then come back.

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s called an active Loosing Streak! It’s not only you, everyone experiences it. In my best opinion is to stay away from the game for about a week or 2 just to gather your thoughts and meditate. Making sure your mind is in the right state is key to a successful poker game /night. After that you need to back track saying “OK what did I do wrong!? Why did I loose that hand and how can improve on it! A true player writes notes down of hands they lost and figure out how to improve. It is a constant learning experience and there is no real guarantee that you will win 100% of the time because that’s not realistic. 60% is most people’s goal as well as mine. Take this break from poker to relax, collect your thoughts and have a new strong mindset before coming back into the game.!
Best of luck to you [emoji1598]

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just took a nice 3 week break. I feel much more focused again.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you,ve been unlucky in online poker, then you can try to play live poker in the places where it,s allowed.
If you play only online, then it,s just depends on your feelings. When you will feel, that this is the right moment to start to play poker again, then just do it and try to win again.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all,

after 3 weeks of bad beats, bad luck and just everything going wrong, im taking a break from poker. how long is the right time to refill the energy and love for the game? i just cant take it anymore. I got two trips planned for may and june so combined i should be away from poker for at least 8 weeks starting today.

you away for 8 weeks, i think that's a perfect amount of time. You will be able to come back refreshed and wanting to play again.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come back slow. Maybe play once or twice a week at the start and ease back in to it. Hope your luck gets better!!

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all,

no reason to take a break. i lose all the time but the more you play the more u will have to make big folds. sometime AA's

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you feel tired you have to pause

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that 8 weeks without poker is a lot and it will be difficult for you the first day after the break! I advise after a break, first do a little theory and then start the game

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing after you received badbeats to many times (in a session)
Take breaks even if you win to clear your mind..
And the moment your brain says "Okay its time to win all the money back" Turn of your pc and take a good break from poker

You also shouldn't play with money if you can't afford to lose the money.

Trying to win your money back can result into you losing more or all your money..

So thats my advice' Even to take a break after you won something just to clear your mindset a bit.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took a couple years off to send some time with my grandchildren who are living with me. They are great and now the oldest is playing with me showing him what i know is fun.

MiCephia

MiCephia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all,

I've hit those times where it's seems like weeks of bad luck, and it has caused me to put poker aside but you always get over feeling and come back especially if you love the game

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there
I take a break from 12 pm until 10 am....every day my friend
I dont think i could do it more time
Rgds

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good time to take a break when it's no longer enjoyable and/or beneficial. If it's causing you a bunch of frustration then chances are you're just going to play worse anyways. Better to take some time off, study the game a bit, and come back with a fresh mind.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are playing in 'tilt' mode more than relaxed mode it's time for a break. Taking a break then coming back and playing tournaments (freerolls) is a good way to ease back into poker.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would first ask myself why are the bad beats getting to me? Is it because I am playing without a proper bankroll? Is it because I think I am entitled to win for soem reason?

I find that playing wihtin my bankroll limit make me immune to bad beats and setups and I just move on to the next game. The results of one tournament/session do not matter. This has really helped my mental state and to make the best play regardless of the situation.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think when poker start to mess with your life, if you play for fun, no problem

T

TRocker69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a break

hello all,

Taking a break while having bad runs for days is always a good idea so you don't go in tilt mode.:canabis:

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a week or two breaks if you're running that badly. During your break, you should consider studying the game of poker. Come back with a fresh mind and new ideas and crush the game.

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a week or two breaks if you're running that badly. During your break, you should consider studying the game of poker. Come back with a fresh mind and new ideas and crush the game.

Great advice [emoji1360]

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a week can be enough for rest and so that you will again have interest and love for the game, I usually have a rest for about a week and then I am drawn back into the game, -good luck with your games and so that you can enter the game well and replenish bankrolls!

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That amount of time is perfect in my opinion, maybe a little less :) you will come back stronger a whole lot. All your thoughts about your moves and mistakes will lay down on you and you will have a clearer picture when you sit down again. Take a break anytime you get stressed about it :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think as soon as you start to miss poker it means it's time to play)))