TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i stop when I feel I am no longer playing my A game, or am just to tired to play

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yet another critical benefit of the cash game grinder as opposed to the tournament grinder.

Quit when I want, start when I want.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice to you is to stop playing poker at all online. Save money, time, and most importantly nerves. Either give yourself a time to correct this mistake and if the problem persists after it, go away and do not look back, otherwise there will be no joyful end.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same thing happens to me, I think there is no cure

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn to fight with your excitement!
20 Tips for Combating Your Own Excitement
1. Decide in advance how much time and money you allocate for gambling.
2. Play, realizing that you are more likely to lose than win, so play for an amount that you can afford to lose.
3. Take thoughtful decisions about your game - consider the cha-chi.
4. Consider gambling as entertainment, and not as a source of income.
5. If a good win - rejoice! But remind yourself that probably this will never happen again.
6. Do not gamble, when you are tired, you are bored, you are flustered or angry.
7. Write down regularly how much time and money you spent on gambling.
8. Seriously take your family and friends. If they are concerned about your game, they may see something that you do not notice.
9. Play only on your own money. Do not borrow.
10. Realize that in most types of gambling you have no influence on the course of the game - the result is random.
11. During the game, interrupt: walk around, eat, go out to the head to clear up.
12. Keep clear thinking while playing - limit alcohol consumption.
13. Balance gambling with other types of recreation.
14. Go play with someone who does not have problems with gambling.
15. Do not aggravate - do not try to win back losses.
16.When you go to play, do not take credit and bank cards with you.
17. Set a time limit for how long you will play.
18. Take your own decisions about gambling - do not play because others so want.
19. Do not use gambling as a way to avoid negative feelings or situations.
20. Talk to someone you trust if you are concerned about your addiction to gambling.
Great list. Poker players would benefit from reading this. I would add one more thing about time....never play when you are in a hurry to do something else....don't squeeze in that 15 minutes before dinner or going to work....you just are not as patient at those times.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good timing

Funny you post this now as I've been thinking a lot about it lately . Due to health issues I've neen home playing a lot lately so play has been ridiculous . Now lots of different things affecting me right now so have been on a downward trend for last 6 months . I've moved down to micro stakes to prevent killing my bankroll but am considering the idea of weather I should just quit for a while .My bankroll can sustain this level for a very long time but think I am picking up some very bad habits and don't know if it's from meds, overplaying , lack of sleep , or playing lower levels , I'm going to give it a couple more months and try to get my style back to higher level play while at lower levels by limiting play to 6 hours a day and only 2 or 3 max tourneys at a time . Hopefully will be off meds by then and see if that helps my game too. will follow this post to see if you find any good results and see if others post some good ideas .

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great list. Poker players would benefit from reading this. I would add one more thing about time....never play when you are in a hurry to do something else....don't squeeze in that 15 minutes before dinner or going to work....you just are not as patient at those times.
I find maybe for other things like lotto or bingo this is a good list but in poker you have a lot of control over the game . Not the cards you get but how you play them and how you play position and against other players . So the idea that you have no control has nothing to do with poker if that were true you wouldn't continuously see the same people in the money and at the final tables and the same people with the big stacks at your cash games .

PolacoW81

PolacoW81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that when fun becomes irritation, it's time to stop. Any emotional upheaval disrupts, as does sleep, hunger, fatigue, and deconcentration. It is possible to be losing and still keep the A-game to. As long as the above items are satisfied.:legal:

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the influence on your personal life begins, be careful !!

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you consider poker as your job, just be serious and work hard. To keep health mentality I recommend sports, any physical activities like gym, swimming, run, workout etc. Otherwise just play when you are in the mood.

B

bcappelli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you realize you’re making choices that you wouldn’t do in your best game

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should avoid that

The best time to stop is to think that you can recover, although it affects a loss is necessary to stop and turn off the PC, it is better to evaluate and study that went wrong. Something important to meditate is that if you lost playing well do not let the rest affect you. If we lose by playing badly, we need to rectify and evaluate the error. If you do not feel good playing, better for.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the chips leave your stack and enter the pot, they aren't yours anymore and your new starting balance is what you are sitting with. Never recoup. Also, I try to make it a habit to stand up when I double up. No matter if it was my first hand.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's realy quite simple: if you're +EV play on.

If you're -EV then quit, the sooner the better.

Don't worry about losses. If you're +EV, you'll get it back and more.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats one of the things I like about Globalpoker. They will tell you how much you have won or lost every hour and ask if you want to continue playing or stop.
So I try to have 1 hour sessions with 4+ tables going.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I understand very well what you say! and sometimes I passed and the worst mistake when you lose often is to continue playing, it is best to stop playing and clear your mind doing another activity that you like. sometimes they are bad spells and when you continue playing your mind is not thinking clear. it is best to stop.
I've had bad spins and it was good to take a break.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice is you to bark trying, because those who do not pray do not see God.

jowbeatz

jowbeatz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with you even though it's hard to do...

M

mafsparta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DON'T EVEN THINK OF LEAVING A TABLE AS LONG YOU FEEL STRONG AND LUCKY KEEP CALM AND GO ON... WHEN EVERYTHING IS AGAINST YOU, IT'S THE BEST TIME TO STOP, REST, PUT ON YOUR POKER FACE AND START OVER!!!:top:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to stop when you dont play your best game, when You became bored with a game and uncomfortable to play

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players plan their MTT schedule beforehand, i.e. prepare the list of tourneys they are gonna play within a specific a day. If you stick to the list then even if you fail at every single one of those tourneys you won't loose more money tilting.

If you play cash games then you have to self-impose a stop-loss threshold - you've got to walk away from the table when you lost the amount of money you allowed yourself to loose.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing when losing. Keep playing when winning.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're always trying to win and everything to lose, it means you can't control yourself. gambling is not for you or me discipline go take some time off. Don't play to the last cent. Just play for 3 hours a day.3 hours-just get out of the game and all.This will help you.

R

radiation

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
making a schedule is a nice idea, but when you are a fulltime worker and have wife and kids at home its hard to plan or even play when being in top condition during day performance...
For me I learned to stop playing when getting tired or going to be drunk after 2 or more beer during evening onlinepoker...or lose too much, I used to play more tournaments so you invest a defined amount and may lose only that amount
but its a good idea to leave the pokerroom before loosing and reinvesting

Last edited: