When to Stop Playing?

B

BukuDuckets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RULES YOU DIE BY, IF YOU DON'T LIVE BY

1)STOP PLAYING WHEN YOU ARE TIRED, or take something to wake up.

2)STOP PLAYING WHEN YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE A HEAD ACHE, or take something to not be that way.

3)STOP PLAYING RANDOMLY (off days to just focus on studying the game on forums like this or through old hands and videos).

4)STOP PLAYING WHEN YOU ARE TILTING: This is the hardest one because often we don't recognize we are tilting until it's too late, but when you play long enough you start to notice that you do recognize signs of tilt in your behavior. For example, I know I am tilting when I start looking for variance to bail me out, instead of skill and sound play. I know I am looking for variance to bail me out when I am playing with more than 20% of my bankroll at any given moment. NOTE: If you set a bankroll management rule like, only playing with 2.5% - 5% of your bankroll, for cash or tournaments, and you find yourself justifying why it's ok to exceed that amount, AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, YOU ARE ON TILT.

The problem with tilt I find is that even when you are on tilt, it does not mean you are an absolute dog in the game. You could still run really well and start recouping and even get back to profitability, but the defeatist mindset is still there and you are playing on emotion and will most likely not stop until you go bust.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We always try to recover what we end up losing in the game, but we must always be careful not to put too much money into the game so that we do not lose any more and not recover anything

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to fight with your excitement!
20 Tips for Combating Your Own Excitement
1. Decide in advance how much time and money you allocate for gambling.
2. Play, realizing that you are more likely to lose than win, so play for an amount that you can afford to lose.
3. Take thoughtful decisions about your game - consider the cha-chi.
4. Consider gambling as entertainment, and not as a source of income.
5. If a good win - rejoice! But remind yourself that probably this will never happen again.
6. Do not gamble, when you are tired, you are bored, you are flustered or angry.
7. Write down regularly how much time and money you spent on gambling.
8. Seriously take your family and friends. If they are concerned about your game, they may see something that you do not notice.
9. Play only on your own money. Do not borrow.
10. Realize that in most types of gambling you have no influence on the course of the game - the result is random.
11. During the game, interrupt: walk around, eat, go out to the head to clear up.
12. Keep clear thinking while playing - limit alcohol consumption.
13. Balance gambling with other types of recreation.
14. Go play with someone who does not have problems with gambling.
15. Do not aggravate - do not try to win back losses.
16.When you go to play, do not take credit and bank cards with you.
17. Set a time limit for how long you will play.
18. Take your own decisions about gambling - do not play because others so want.
19. Do not use gambling as a way to avoid negative feelings or situations.
20. Talk to someone you trust if you are concerned about your addiction to gambling.

G

Gulya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such moments it is difficult to stop

N

neiltur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also hard to stop even more when I lose I want to recover what I lost and I always lose more, I do not know what to do.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On many occasions we do not know when to stop. We all go through the same thing once, do not feel guilty about it. The feeling of recovering the lost always accompanies us until we learn from our own experiences what to do, STOP.

I always tell them to play for fun, when you start to have stress and want to win forced you can cause your judgment to cloud

B

BukuDuckets

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to fight with your excitement!
20 Tips for Combating Your Own Excitement
1. Decide in advance how much time and money you allocate for gambling.
2. Play, realizing that you are more likely to lose than win, so play for an amount that you can afford to lose.
3. Take thoughtful decisions about your game - consider the cha-chi.
4. Consider gambling as entertainment, and not as a source of income.
5. If a good win - rejoice! But remind yourself that probably this will never happen again.
6. Do not gamble, when you are tired, you are bored, you are flustered or angry.
7. Write down regularly how much time and money you spent on gambling.
8. Seriously take your family and friends. If they are concerned about your game, they may see something that you do not notice.
9. Play only on your own money. Do not borrow.
10. Realize that in most types of gambling you have no influence on the course of the game - the result is random.
11. During the game, interrupt: walk around, eat, go out to the head to clear up.
12. Keep clear thinking while playing - limit alcohol consumption.
13. Balance gambling with other types of recreation.
14. Go play with someone who does not have problems with gambling.
15. Do not aggravate - do not try to win back losses.
16.When you go to play, do not take credit and bank cards with you.
17. Set a time limit for how long you will play.
18. Take your own decisions about gambling - do not play because others so want.
19. Do not use gambling as a way to avoid negative feelings or situations.
20. Talk to someone you trust if you are concerned about your addiction to gambling.
Great list. I love it, and really good advice. Is this the responsible gaming list from poker stars?

C

celo945

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only you yourself can know what your limits are, if you are already a little experienced player right at the start you will already know that the day in poker will not be very easy for you so it's up to you to decide to continue or not

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
List of symptoms of ludomania from the diagnostic directory of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-IV).
If there are 4 or more signs, the hobby of gambling becomes a disease:

1. Absorption, concern about the game (recalls past games, plans future bets, thinks about how to find money for the next game).
2. Playing, is excited and raises the stakes.
3. Has difficulty in trying to control or interrupt the game.
4. Feels anxious or annoyed if necessary to limit the stakes or stop the game.
5. Playing to escape from their problems or cheer up (walk away from feelings of guilt, anxiety, depression).
6. Attempts to recoup the next day after losing.
7. Deceives family members or doctors to hide the true extent of their involvement in the game.
8. Commits such illegal acts as forgery, deception, theft, or waste to finance the game.
9. Calling the game the risk of losing a job, close friends, the possibility of promotion or education.
10. Pereznayet money from other people to pay off the already existing debts caused by the game.

Huble

Huble

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u lose some money my advise is to stop playing that day

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always want to recoup after a big loss. and in the end I lose much more. how to force yourself to stop in time. I want to play no more than a certain limit of money and time. I'm waiting for your advice.

Is very dificult recover after a big loss. You never try to revovered because you often loss more money
If la necesary don't play for a several hours. And become a new beggening. Forgot this.
Starts new planing gane and always enjoy the game

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to recoup is a mistake almost always. Don't do it.

O

Olivar13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just gone

Go home when you loose 10% of your bankroll

P

PanceParty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is part of learning yourself and finding your own style in poker. Like me I have learned if I have felt i have had enough to just wait it awhile and it turns out I quickly get my head together and my patience pays out but for some that would be the opposite and only make it worse.

D

dirgesh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When to stop playing

Just immediately after a big loss ,you decide to play loose hands, that's when you should to stop cause you're not mentally strong to make decisions. Just cool off , have some water and get back into your game.

Works out for me !! :) Like 50% of time

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you need to find your game leaks and sure them up. Next track your winnings and losses. Poker isn't always profitable for everyone. It takes time to sharpen and develop you're own play style. Poker is long-term never short term losses.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to look forward and understand what's going to get worse if not wait a week or two weeks and try again

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play tired and when you lost more than three tournaments. this is called invisibility))

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop

you should stop when your section normally ends 2 hours in cash so you are winning or losing and never get out of your limits ;);)

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you not play in your best game or loss sevel big pots by bad beat,I think you

should stop and have a rest then

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If no luck today - don't play that day. It's simple.