When Do You Play and Why?

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To any UK players on pokerstars. When do you find is the best time for us to play, to encounter more fish? Im at university so during the hours of the usual working day (9-5) ill have spare few hours to play. I do notice that good tables are harder to find though, and more regs are about. Midweek during the day is probably going to be less EV than evenings and weekends isn't it? What do you think?

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For weeks days, i play everytime i can play, and for me the best hours to play is the beggining of the nights for europeen country 8-9 PM CET.

For the weekend, i play sunday for 5 , 6 hours of MTT and some cash tables.

But the best profitable results for me are late night CET

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for an hour or two when I get home from work, maybe two to five times a week, helps me unwind from a long day, if I got time for an mtt I'll play in one!!!

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I've been quite busy with other stuff lately. But I put in a nice grind at the weekend. Feels good to get back into it :)

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play everyday, ofter nigth when im not studying and can relax playing poker.

M

mkelly588

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play everyday but it might be to much cause the game seems to favor donks on the river every time I'm thinking some ppl can see my cards to but not sure I'm on pokerstars right now any others you might suggest

M

Matthew556

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play everyday for hours on end due to being unemployed. I find the best time to play on stars is between 8-2am on weekdays uk time-zone.

pokertoi

pokertoi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly every day after work. less in summer though.

P

PunchBlake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play bovada.. early mornings low stakes.. and live wednesday at a guys house $1/$2..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play whenever i feel like it. I typically play everyday and especially on tge weekends. No real reason just my schedule. Tournaments are a lot better on the weekends as well.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
24/7, 30 days a month. 365 days a year. Its gross really.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the every day when I have nothing else to do. But I could not play the last three months because I was at the hospital and also I'm out of the cardschat club. Now I'm at home again and hope for some good sessions and reapply at the club.

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play whenever i have time and i feel motivated. University takes me a lot of time, but every now and then i sit on tournaments. One thing i realized is that when i sit on a table im really focused (i believe it's because i've been thinking in "high frequencies" all day).

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To any UK players on PokerStars. When do you find is the best time for us to play, to encounter more fish? Im at university so during the hours of the usual working day (9-5) ill have spare few hours to play. I do notice that good tables are harder to find though, and more regs are about. Midweek during the day is probably going to be less EV than evenings and weekends isn't it? What do you think?

Best times are evenings for sure, 7-11pm, basically when the number of players online is maximal. And it's better at weekends, I find Friday evenings particularly good. Also when Stars have promos on the cash tables like milestone hands cos the tourney donks come and have a go :p

E

eweeparker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely play between 5pm and 12am for weekdays and 12pm - 12am for weekends. I don't play every day, but I have found that these times(central time zone for me) do fairly well. You will most likely encounter opponents that have regular jobs at these times and are playing for recreational purposes or are not nearly as serious as dedicated players. This makes for a much better bottom line and a better utilization of time. Try analyzing times yourself with a spreadsheet or program as proof for yourself.

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play when drinking coffee (since can't do much else anyway :)

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its usually somewhere between 17:00-00:00 CET. Cause I have freetime. I usually play 2-3 hours, depends on which games and how deep I get in MTTs.

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually like to play in the early evenings and on the weekends it varies, but now that i find myself unemployed i play whenever i get the itch as long as i have funds in the room.

crockofdoom

crockofdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played my first game today after a year off,and placed 1st (small stake SnG on Pokerstars) Am gonna get back into the habit of playing again,will try to play a couple of days a week.

didem95

didem95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play all the decent freerolls (in addition to a few paid tourneys per day) in several poker rooms so I play any time of day every day if I'm home. I play cash games for an hour or so as well mainly because a local-ish poker room has "number of raked hand" requirements for some tourneys.

R

redsox62axe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 3 to 4 nights a week...usually MTT's...Peace

O

Odie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best time to play is when I don't have any outside distracting the way I think. My mind needs to be clear so I can make precise decision when playing Poker.

P

pokertrack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyday, the best time to play is weekend and holly days.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many will agree with me the best time to play this morning or night, this time more enjoyable for poker players.