i look right away..
then get ready to fold whatever garb is there

T

Tsyphon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, if you plan to give false tells, if you are stone cold, or you are good at reading tells from others, then look on your turn. Otherwise just look immediately. Measure your risk from reward of course.

M

mycashier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it gets annoying when the other person is like taking his/her time and just looks when act upon... but i guess he/she is doing what's being said, taking in other's reactions :)

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just look right away when i receive both of my cards. It slows down the game if everyone waits until its their turn to act to look and then decide what to do. I dont think you gain a lot of info by looking at others while they check their cards.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When first starting, I used to give a peek as soon as the cards where given to me. I was a noob live. Now that i have done it so much, I don't look until it's my turn for I play players now, not so much the cards anymore. It also allows me to use my head more on the action in front and what behind and when it's my turn, my cards will assist me in the decision verses making decisions based on my holdings if that makes sense.

My mentality on the poker table is look at position and look at my 8 other opponents and then when I look at my holdings, I then determine if my ammo "my holdings" is worth blasting if i can take them limps down or not. If it is big ammo, all my cards are going to do is see if i have the drop of an atomic bomb or a itty bitty firecracker.

Baescu Misu

Baescu Misu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When i am nervous i look at one and then to another, normally I look to both of them in the same time :)

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I do not play carefully. I look at the cards on the table if a red or black cards, I look at their cards if is flush or pair gathered or not

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I look at the card immediately after the distribution, in order to understand at once right now, I'm in no position

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I change it up, sometimes right away and then sometimes wait until my turn. Also if I see someone at the table really watching other players for a read I may wait until he looks at his cards and then see what I have.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like at them when I get them, so I can think of what I have to do.
When you have a decent hand and they raise before you, it's nice to already know the strengt of your hand.

D

Dobre Stefan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At both of them this is my rule in every game

jimlahey7

jimlahey7

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is not for online poker but when you are in a table and the dealer shuffles the cards, do you looks yours straight away, or do you like to wait until it is your turn to act? Personally I wait until it is my turn, that way I can see other people when they are looking at theirs, trying to get a read or something

i cover them with my hands sometimes so i can hope for a good hand lol:D

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look when it 's getting closer to my turn.

L

lancel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at my cards when I have watched every other action before i have to act unless its home game. Home game never look at your cards :p

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at last time whet first card comes I look than second.....

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i look at the cards immediately after the dealer deals the cards to all the players on the table.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mine varies. I make decisions slowly, so I allow myself enough time to make an informed decision. That does not mean allowing myself a split second to look at my cards. I give myself plenty of time to review my cards.

If I watch others look at their cards to sense any tells, I allow everyone at the table to sense my tells if I wait to look at my cards until all eyes are on me.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I look at my cards as soon as I receive them. But I look only once, I don't look another few times like some people do.

And at the time of the flop / turn / river, I watch the opponent's reaction, only then I look at the table and see what the Dealer has turned.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I watch everyone else's reaction to looking at there cards first.

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as i have received both my cards

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to take cards after the other players. Watch the emotions. Hide their emotions.

Thats really interesting, I never thought about it, I always look at my cards when I receive them, but usually I play online, so I'm not able to do that 'trick', when I play live again I will definitely try that out.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to look at my cards not only when it's my turn, but after everyone has seen theirs, for the same reason, just to see the opponents reaction and trying to read em

I

illind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only look at them once, and I don't do that sometimes until it's my turn.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is somewhat complicated to try to analyze your opponents after they have dealt the cards but where you have to put really attention is at the time of the bets in the cantiad if you see that a player climbs very aggressive there are two possibilities one that is casting A lantern or really have a strong hand, there are many variants.