When Do You Look at Your Cards?

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait until it is my turn, unless I am giving a fake tell.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at them whenever I want, right away, wait a little, or wait til my bet. Most tables I play at have good players, the way I like it, dead pan faces, or fake tells are the norm. Nothing to learn from watching. I let the players represent their hands as play goes on, those are the only "tells" that I trust

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Immediately right after I recieve if I am not busy with many tables or tough decisions on other tables

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look directly, the benefit consists that so far before me make the decision, I have time to deliberate as how further to arrive

greek132

greek132

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i look when is my turn most of the times

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i look when i have both real quick then i watch the table look at theirs to try catch any tells on other players

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to wait until it is your turn to act

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my position at the table. Obviously, when under the gun, you must look quickly to keep the game moving. If I am in the big blind, I take my time and look around, but usually look before the last minute. As others have mentioned in this thread, the longer you wait, the more chance everyone is watching you. So the question is; do you get more info watching others, or can they get more info watching you?

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first take a look at my cards quickly and then start watching the moves of opponents then. I see you are giving raise, who is limping. But in general always look my letters first.

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats exactly what I do aswell. Wait until its your turn, that way you can get the most information from the other guys

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to take cards after the other players. Watch the emotions. Hide their emotions.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Usually look , more time for decision-making .:stupido:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
First look the reaction of every player as they look at their cards, finally when is my turn I look at my cards but still keep watching reactions from the rest of the players.

That first reaction is very important to play in live Poker. :deal:

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prefer to wait for their turn, and then only to watch their cards. But sometimes there is a desire to go all-in without seeing my cards - but that's another story:confused:.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When is my turn to act. First: for missing any information and Second: Is for make sure my decision is about how and who raise the pot and who limp at wich position. Hand can my hand call that hand or not . Thats it for me.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i look at my first card as soon as i get it and then look at my second as soon as i get it. then i watch the others amd start thinking about what i am going to do so when it is my turn i act quickly. i believe this accomplishes a few things. it gives me time to think about my move without eberyone looking at me. it speeds up play, which is good. and if i do give away any tells, then people won't see them because i have already looked at my cards.

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every time i see my cards i try to give a different type of reactions so that other players get confused . and it works ;)

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
immediately handed out usually look

Leko

Leko

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When cards are dealt, and after when is my turn

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could you give any hints what kind of reaction you're looking for when you do this?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
always different !!! Do not know even what it depends on))) never really thought about it))))

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play at multiple tables at once decide whether to play the hand or not, because I do not like to play at multiple tables because I can not follow the game opponents.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All right. Their cards always have time to look. It is better to study the reaction of competitors. The knowledge of human psychology in poker is very important.

pokercuttlefish

pokercuttlefish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on position. look at first card. if no $ invested, card less than 10, I wont even look at second. fold at my action. hope someone catches the action. gives more tight empression.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont look at my cards until its my turn to act.