Whats your biggest leak?...and whats the answer?

calibanboy

calibanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak was spunking money after getting in drunk. I now empty my online poker accounts back into a seperate account before I go out. It seems to work.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I've been playing what I thought was pretty solid the last 2 weeks, over 9 BB/100 hands, and then looking over my play in pokertracker, I'm losing money from the button. That's right, if I had simply folded every hand on the button I would have made more money. Of course it's possible one or two big hands tilted that over so I need to investigate that, because it's been about 2 weeks and I've played a little over 3k hands, so it's not a huge sample size, but then again it's not tiny either. I guess I'll see whether that is truly a "leak" or not.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip Bullies were my biggest leak, then I found out what they were doing;)

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest leak is hott_estelle sitting at my table...

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK wether in SnG's or cash, I hate it with a passion. I have even started to fold it on occasions pf to no raise :eek:.

I do seem to get trapped a lot when holding big pair and villain has set. But I think I'm runing kinda bad lately so rather subjective.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK wether in SnG's or cash, I hate it with a passion. I have even started to fold it on occasions pf to no raise :eek:.

I do seem to get trapped a lot when holding big pair and villain has set. But I think I'm runing kinda bad lately so rather subjective.

Don't do that. I'm sure you know, but you are holding one of the strongest hands in poker. If you flop a pair you MOST LIKELY are ahead. That means you can't play them like the nuts, but you can assume you're ahead until someone shows you otherwise.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak was giving my passwords to the wife. Since then, I build 'em up, and she spends 'em!

p.s. Don't get me wrong...I'm crazy about her and besides, the "husband points" I get from letting her play pay off bigger than the bucks on poker!:D

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Found a new one tonight. Overvalueing top pair.

solution? Other than being aware of it, I am not sure what to do. I suppose that it will have to depend alot on who/where I am playing.

Feeling lost tonight, despite a good win.

I have to get the math down. Guess I am just rambeling...

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same here insomniac. earlier this morning, i had A/Q vs guy he raised a good bit preflop i called. flop was Q74 rainbow. i bet he reraises all-in and has me covered in chips. i folded after thinking very hard about this hand. he flips over KK. i put him on either flopped set or since he raised preflop a good amount and reraised even bigger amount after flop, i decided to let my top/top go. just happened to be the right choice, but ya just never really know...

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least one of the guys that I play poker has a good read on me. Thankfully, he's a decent guy and mentioned it to me. So there is hope that others will help me to improve my game. However, He was consistantly putting me on hands through out the night.

I have to mix up my game more, and Learn the math!

Thanks for the reply:eek:

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My biggest leak is becoming bored and foolish late in a trny...finding myself in the top 2 or 3 players in a trny and playing fool hands.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mine is forgetting that sometimes LAG players DO have the goods. It's nice when you take pots down with a reraise, but when you're wrong you can cripple your stack by refusing to let the hand go because you're sure they're full of it.
It happens less often now than it used to. Now I stop and ask myself "is this really worth the risk?" before playing back at a re-reraise. Sometimes it's better to just let them take the pot even though you "know" they're bluffing. Painful to the ego, but as the quote says "ego has no place in poker."

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is forgetting that sometimes LAG players DO have the goods. It's nice when you take pots down with a reraise, but when you're wrong you can cripple your stack by refusing to let the hand go because you're sure they're full of it.
It happens less often now than it used to. Now I stop and ask myself "is this really worth the risk?" before playing back at a re-reraise. Sometimes it's better to just let them take the pot even though you "know" they're bluffing. Painful to the ego, but as the quote says "ego has no place in poker."

Ditto to this for me. Probably the hardest leak to iron out as well. What I hate most is when this happens after you've bored yourself to tears for 2 hours staying tight and then suddenly give your stack away to the lag with minimal holdings because "I don't believe he's got it". Happened to me twice last night and I'm still banging my head on the desk saying "why?, why?, why?"

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And not just LAG players, but bad players too. Too many times I've targeted a bad player and tried to milk them with too weak of a hand, or tried to use techniques that just won't work like raise preflop/c-bet missed flop.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest leak is becoming bored and foolish late in a trny...finding myself in the top 2 or 3 players in a trny and playing fool hands.

Me too. I try to stick to cash games as much as possible because I hate the long grind.

But my biggest leak is probably not letting go of up and down straight draws or four flushes when my opponent isn't giving me the right odds to call.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play too long without break in between and then i keep jumping into sit n goes and play carelessly...answer is play only couple games and if i lose a couple, get off

M

MississippiMud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably overplay/over aggressive with 2pr.

The fix... a sturdy pine box under about 6 feet of dirt.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Getting 'pretty' pockets (KK/QQ/JJ) and not letting them go when an overcard hits

- realizing that when the flop hits, my hand is 71% complete and to let my hand go if there's nothing there;

- Being bullied and not bullying(sp?) back

- Seeing too many boards (I think)

from bodog stats...
Based on 5200 hands (reset about a month ago)
Hands won - 15% Showdowns won - 49%
Flops Seen - 36% Win % if Flop Seen - 35%

My Actions
Fold: 45% Check: 17% Call: 21% Bet: 11% Raise: 5% Re-Raise: 1%

When I Fold
Pre flop: 62% Flop: 11% Turn: 4% River: 2% No Fold: 21%

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands/Overvalueing low to mid pairs.

Solution? Fold any rag pairs, or anything not face card-high rag.

I seem to be doing better lately. No stats to prove it, but I'm getting into the top 300 in 2700 player freerolls instead of 1300

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest leak is playing ring games online for hours without a break. After a while my play loosens up and I start dropping all the cash I won earlier. I have placed a 10min break on myself every 2 hours. This seems to work.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not knowing the math. I am playing with some smart, tough guys. I am usually the second weakest player at the table. I am learning tons, but I gotta learn the math to be able to make correct descions.

Goron

Goron

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Leakage..

Playing when Im really tired and not in the mood to play poker. I end up throwing my whole stack in on one bad hand I raised preflop with.

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what my BIGGEST leak is(Just no way to be certain, since I'm not perfect =]) but I know I have a problem with having the "guts" to stick around in a hand with a draw when someone bets substantially. That's also linked to my not-good-enough ability to tell when someone's bluffing.(I play only online right now)