Whatever Happened to poker on TV

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you mean and Daniel Negreanu touches on this sometimes in the 'DAT poker podcast' but I think essentially tv networks stopped paying for it and people just aren't making that content anymore! One reason could be because people nowadays tend to want instant gratification more than ever so to edit shows like that together would take time and people would just search the results especially in tournaments! I loved the wsop show with Mike and Vince that was my favourite!
I think 'poker-go' is the only bet now to find stuff like that, now I'm not suggesting this as a fact because I don't have it but if there's something like that anywhere it'd probably be there!
Other than that follow 'live at the bike' on YouTube, turn on notifications and it'll pop up whenever they're doing things, the live streams don't stay on their channel that's why I recommend notifications but when live poker comes back they'll have stuff going for sure!
Mike Sexton and Vince Van Pattant were so much fun to watch. I always liked it when Sexton would whisper....He is missed!!!

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no chat on television. Everyone wants to touch themselves to poker on Twitch or YouTube.

K

kevin772541

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still see lots of reruns but not much new stuff

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with the development of TV technologies, the format is certainly not as popular as before, the stream format on different platforms is now more and more in demand

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Need more tv shows where amateurs can qualify.