What is your style of play - aggressive or passive?

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally Tight-Aggressive, but in the early stages of an SnG or MTT I play very passively and only continue with hands that are very likely to win at showdown, and try to "tight" it out until the ITM stage to secure my ROI and profit, and then get more aggressive to make a play for the final table.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play passively almost all the time, but when i have chips, :D, Total agressive!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tight-aggressive through the first rounds of a tournament. Depending on my chip stack in later rounds is what would dictate how my range would be. If I have a huge stack I would probably splash around quite a bit. If I have a little bitty stack I may wait for a premium hand to take a stand.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to play tight early in tournaments then loosen up and play on the hyper end of loose aggressive usually about the 3rd ante increase then I tighten up (after more than 2 players figure out that i'm too wide) until close to the bubble then I try to play a wide range again aggressive. then from there it is a secret :)

9betterluck9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading some of the responses, I take it I'm not the onluy one the plays a tight/aggressive style. There are times when it changes, and it can often... It just depends on table dynamics. Overall, I'm in it to win $ and I try to play the best I can. After playing as long as this old timer has been, I know what seems to work best and be profitable for me. So that's what I stick to.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't simply define my tournament poker style. I think all of us have to modify our style from table to table and tourney to tourney. I've played hyper-aggressive for hours then been forced to play tight based on seat position and other issues. We all need to be able to change our mindset and switch gears doing a complete 180!

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play very agressive.. But in long term I ended up losing. Now I play more detailed and alway think about 10 seconds before doing something.

B

babaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I adjust to the different playing styles.....Pretty much anything goes....

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
while blinds are low i play alot of hands but less when blinds ger higher

K

Kozarac13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My style of playing poker is strange and full agressive. But when i come to final table i take it easy and play little carefully... ;)

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be a diff player in diff situations.
maybe start a certain way then sit back and wait for premiums.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style changes with the blind levels, the position, the opponents!
It's hard to have a definition.
The only thing I can say is that I get more and more agressive with the proggression of the tourney.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My play deffer from hand to hand, and it is nice but one thing that make me angry is my tilt((

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I always play differently,but it all depends on opponents.If the table is passive - aggressive play and if active on the contrary play tighter.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play different. Sometimes I raise, sometimes not. If I see that my opponent can fold on big bet I make such bets. But when I see tha opponent will never fold, I try to have strong hand to beat him on showdown.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playful says to always play your big and little blinds along with the button and you will always go far in any tournament

PLAYFUL seems very confused about this ^:confused:

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it is loose - aggressive, if i'm worng you can correct me :D

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very aggressive in the first few hands and then I relax and play

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very aggressive in the first few hands and then I relax and play

There are many tournaments where you must be very aggresive on early levels because everybody does. But few levels later you must to play more careful.

C

caspi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style on cash game is aggressive..but on tour more patience :)

HenriqueMed1

HenriqueMed1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournament micro-limits MTTs
In the beginning of the tournament I play tight booked after from 25-40% of the tournament I start envolver me in the hands and after the middle 50% of the tournament start playing as aggressive loose

D

dturner100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think tying yourself to a style, or system of play turns a negative equity.

I also like to believe ( at least fool myself into believing ) that my play is broad enough to not be classified as a style.
I stand behind super tight play when the blinds are low.
Some believe "If the blinds are low you can AFFORD to play more hands", but if you begin with 2000 chips and waste 500 of those seeing flops then when you do get a good hand to double up on you only have 1500 to invest for a 3000 chip double up where you could have doubled up for 2000.

Why go through the stock market and buy up every cheap stock and hope one explodes??

I'm often known for defending my BB a bit too hard but your opponents need to know that so they don't take advantage of you at the final table.

When I do get to the final table as long as I can get in with 5th place or better then I play with a simple deep stack SNG approach.
If I'm low stacked at the final table I'll shove most marginal hands hoping to better my placement with a lucky double up.

At cash games I'm usually the donkey at the table, but I'm getting better...

C

caspi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressive on cash game...On tournament more passive style

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am passive and aggressive all the tournament but when I am in heads up I always play aggressive because this is a way to win easily the tournament