Chips
A pocket pair, AK, KQ, AQ, J, KJ, 10A, 10K, 10Q, 10J, 910 610

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
favorite i dont know, but most weird profitable hand i play is the 6-3. Let me explain, Im playing on pokerstars and when i get 6-3 I always play it, either I get 2 pairs, 3 of a king, straight or full house. I know that its just random luck, but always happen, now for how long this strange phenomeno will go on i dont know

Nice. I like stories like this, were people get lucky with weak hands, then they become personal favorites and result in winning hands.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know why, but my favourite hand is 97s, may be it's because I won many chips with this hand or may be like It visually...

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know why, but my favourite hand is 97s, may be it's because I won many chips with this hand or may be like It visually...

Like I mentioned in the OP, I love suited gappers like that too. Can hide a straight nicely with those hands.

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aj of hearts or Q 9 suited. Love them. Win with them a lot!!

85maloy

85maloy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course AA KK .But like to role-play connectors

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aj of hearts or Q 9 suited. Love them. Win with them a lot!!

Interesting. Personally I am no a fan of AJ. But if it works for you, that's awesome.

A-A red mode, Q-Q.

These are obvious answers.

AA, 1010 AT

Again, fairly obvious.

Of course AA KK .But like to role-play connectors

Connectors are great. I would almost rather have suited connectors than an overpair.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The small connector in the 4_bet Bunce, in other cases, AA.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably AK suited or J10 suited

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA objectively and obviously!!! )))

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love suited QJ,TJ,9T, because I can use these hands in many ways

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have favorite starting hands anymore because often loosing with monster hands. In tournaments to raise the stack sometimes you have to go all in. I did it with pocket aces and high equitity but lost against a straight, sometimes low, or two pairs, even low sometimes. Than I ask myself what a donk goes all in with low cards unsuited, but it happens. So if I get my hands I just take a look if it's playable or not.

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite Starting hands

I try not to get attached to starting hands. Every now and then when I have been playing a long session then I will get caught up in the "well, J's have been hot tonight" kind of thinking but even that is snapped back to reality when the first big bet comes.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most one is 72o =o)
Like AQ of spades..

S

special987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA for me, but i hate to lose with that hand. I get crazy all the time

kidpokerkids

kidpokerkids

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like AA , KK , QQ ,JJ , AK, 7-5 , 10-9 , 8J

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously it's great when you look down and see pocket Aces or Kings. But my favorite starting hand is suited. That one specifically, but I like all suited connectors, low or high. And suited gappers, too. I will almost always try to see a flop with those hands, as long as it's reasonable to do so.

What about you guys?

What a ridiculous question. My favourite hand has always been American Airlines, Pocket Rockets, ( AA ). There's no other choice, and "lucky" hands are the surest sign of a Live One.

That's fish thinking: the fish just WHUVVVVV dem sootud 'ands, and will play them come hell or high water. Medium suited connectors have their places in both FLHE and NLHE. Suited hands are also fish traps (K8s, Q7s, J7s are pretty much trash hands and playable only if you get a free play out of the BB, or as steals from the button). Yet, fish just can not resist them even from the early positions. That's a major mistake.

You also need to consider that starting with something like ( 7d6d ) has very limited ways to hit the flop. One pairs are most likely, and six or seven high pairs are nothing to get excited about. Hitting Bottom Two can be nice, especially if they come with a high card.

Trips can be as problematic as pairs (kicker trouble) and straights and flushes are decided long shots.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a ridiculous question. My favourite hand has always been American Airlines, Pocket Rockets, ( AA ). There's no other choice, and "lucky" hands are the surest sign of a Live One.

That's fish thinking: the fish just WHUVVVVV dem sootud 'ands, and will play them come hell or high water. Medium suited connectors have their places in both FLHE and NLHE. Suited hands are also fish traps (K8s, Q7s, J7s are pretty much trash hands and playable only if you get a free play out of the BB, or as steals from the button). Yet, fish just can not resist them even from the early positions. That's a major mistake.

You also need to consider that starting with something like ( 7d6d ) has very limited ways to hit the flop. One pairs are most likely, and six or seven high pairs are nothing to get excited about. Hitting Bottom Two can be nice, especially if they come with a high card.

Trips can be as problematic as pairs (kicker trouble) and straights and flushes are decided long shots.

Cool. Thanks for your opinion.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands