What are your favorite starting hands?

N

NotVincent559

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably JTs or TT.. of course AA is nice, but I've gotten sucked out on too many times

legman2

legman2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all this is a really great thread, ty.
Well for me it has changed multiple times but right now it's KsKc.
I want to know about players who don't have a favorite hand and when their asked the first time they sort of fumble with their answer? I remember this happening to me, in 05.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Besides the monsters, suited connectors and pairs. The good thing is the set. However, rarely comes.

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my fav one is K5s lol. MY GF was dreaming about it back then and that became one of our trustable hands :p

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
besides the great hands (AA AK SUITED) i like 8 8, i normally hit the flop with another 8

G

gkiss0719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite hands are A K, 2 3, AA, KK!
I hate K Q because it has never won but seriously!

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on my stack, when I am with few chips, I usually play more with big pairs or hands premiuns. Type AK, AQ, AJ or pairs with AA KK QQ JJ. But when my stack is bigger, I really like to play smaller cards with equal suits. As 7 and 6, 4e5, etc.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
KQ & 35 both suited and unsuited are my favorite starting hands. I would take them over any premium hand any day of the week.

Abramo Della Luce

Abramo Della Luce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have found my favorite hand to be KK.
I like it even more than AA for the following reason.

When you have AA, the chance that your opponent holds an A becomes much smaller. When an opponent does not have an A, the chance to get more money in the pot drops considerably.

When you have KK, the chance that an opponent has an A increases, so more chance to play a decent pot.
The chance that an A comes is relatively small, so no big danger to lose the pot to that, and when an A does come, we can fairly easily get away from our hand.

So, conclusion, kings rule :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everyone else. The aces, kings and pairs.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much it is pleasant to me as starting hands one-colored connectors. On a flopa with them it is possible to receive very strong hand or дро. At the same time it is very difficult to rivals to guess force of my hand. Therefore at a certain luck it is possible to hit a big roll.

R

Rodrigo sampaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ . A10

As the game the preferences of hand are changing, much godto play with low cards and socks, because I can surprise a lot

Andrey Smirnov

Andrey Smirnov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many players I love suited connectors, but broadways look sexy too, especially pocket kings and AQ)))

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands