What are your favorite starting hands?

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have an obsession with J8.
Got me my one and only Royal Flush ever.
69 is also a very funny starting handl. (rolling eyes)

Dim4ik555

Dim4ik555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite starting hand AA and KK:) AK,AQ,AJ good too:)

G

Gknumber28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aside from the obvious PPs i love to play 109s in late position, lotta boards seem to come 10 8 7 when i have that hand and its go time haha.

S

sponsor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
outside the obvious...then 87 suited

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say I love it, but there's something about pocket eights. I always play that hand.

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pity that there is no pocket trips) it would be my favorite! And play almost all connectors and pairs. and I think the best 5 3

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beside monsters i like AQ of diamonds, AJ of clubs and QT of clubs

V

Vladimir_eb

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i play on pokerstar the best card is low (8-9,10-J) same color! These cards usually carry a pot against strong card . But only if you playng on pokerstar .

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a JW or an AK or the same AA are great to start tournaments

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
any of the two since it is the winning hand on the flop

M

Master_z4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bullets (AA) and the cowboys (KK) out of the competition course, but I personally like to play Cloutier (JT)

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely my favourite starting hand is AA - JJ, but I play all pairs and if I catch the third card on the postflop I will play it very agressive. Also I like the suited connectors and half-connectors

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there can not be any better pre-flop hand than pocket aces (AA).
But stories, like this happen all the time. i was in a tourney yesterday and i had pocket aces. I raised pre-flop from the button, the double the big blind, big blind being pretty low.small blind folds and big blind folds and everyone folds of course, i was pissed since it was a home tourney, we rabbit hunted and turned out the big blind caught a jack on the flop, which was the highest on the board. Being the kind of player he was, and having a low stack, for sure he would've moved in. I'm contemplating not raising pre flop with those aces but i didn't want garbage hand catching two pair or a straight. later on, that big blind goes all in with 10 J and i call with A Q and 10 J catches a straight and i get 2 pair.and after that hit, i'm low stack and eventually lost got out as 4th. (not in the money)all i thought about was how i misplayed that aces !! it basically costed me the tournament so how should aces or kings be played? different scenarios will result in different play so, please give the scenario first than explain how it should be played.

A

avderevo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me a good starting hand suited connectors, they have good equity against the hands over

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously my favorite starting hands are aces or kings, but the ones I like to play with are J 10 suited, or 7 8 suited.

A

Attamo00

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know why but i "love" K8s and hate QQ ;)

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really, by this point I think it's pretty dangerous to really have a favorite hand--for times when you need to give it up--but I like pocket 9s. They're strong enough to be an overpair to a good number of flops but sneaky enough to get some major equity when a set is made.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love J9 offsuit & then I started playing tighter so my favorite junk hand is J9 suited now.

R

Radiotelefonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult question. from the point of view of mathematics there is nothing better than AA. But everything depends on a tournament in which you plays. For example, if it is freerol, then because of these aces happens at once you loses some 22 or JQ. And here if to trust signs and prejudices, then my happy card is 7d.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands