What you usually do when you are in a downswing?

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell me about man!!! i sopped playing for like 4 weeks. it gets your mind off the game. i came back last week, and i got in to the money twice already, but in my opinion it has very little to do with me stoping to play. because the hands i won it was the cards. i might have folded more hands than i would. so stopping to play does help in the end. so let me know!!!

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when my aces lose 7-2, then I am glad that there are people who call my all-in with a hand of 7-2 !!! no tilt - only joy !!!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i am on a downswing, i sit out for a while and let my cards go by.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually take a couple deep breaths, and play how I normally would. If I get tilted I'll stop playing for the rest of the day.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Psychological

I stop playing, I say I will not play anymore and I will play again. I love playing poker, what I like the most is the small blind vs. big blind.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR schedules my downswings about once every 3 weeks or so. So during that time I just find something else to do and cut back on the amount of games I play.

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could not blame the software, even if I wanted to, I usually explode for a moment and try to relax later. I was just reading in the forum some articles to control the tilt, and one of the reasons is to lose that kind of hands, I am trying to implement these tips.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My reaction differs time to time. I smile, swear, play like nothing happened or stop game session.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it influences at my a-game I take a few days break. Also I analyze my game because for many people it's just not a dowswing but making many mistakes.

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In the beginning i really suffered.But the more experienced i got the better i managed to control my Emotions.If the setups and coolers are chasing me i usually finish the session and come back the next day