What Would You Do If This Happened to You?

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow

As it is said in my land "what balls".
The impudence in its greater expression. Definitely, people who commit such abuses have to be decalcified on the spot. :mad:

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unambiguously lifelong disqualification.
In general such people enrage me - it is how necessary to be unscrupulous what in the face of all, impudently to watch someone else's cards? And he is not even ashamed of it. Freak.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that it is a lack of respect and should be disqualified for more than not playing the hand. He can not look at the cards because he can read the game even if he is looking. Should not continue playing the tournament. Ah, first hit it if ahah

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the game is the game, and the man must be a man!

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is actually tough to decide but honestly my family if it came right down to it :)

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will leave here the link of a video in which an Argentine professional poker player sees the cards to his rival when she got up from the table and this excuse this by saying that he saw them because he was not going to pay and That you should not leave the cards on the table, my question is what would you do if someone did this in a tournament? I would certainly give him a big punch in the face! Jugador profesional de poker mira las cartas de un rival - YouTube :jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

It's the players job to protect their cards.... Hand should continue normally. J/K, that guy should get a 1 year ban, I would probably leave it in the hands of the officials, if it was a cash game I might sit out the next bb.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is very disgusting.I was forever banned from

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be disqualified on the spot. His chips should remain on the tables for blind purposes.

M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he should be disqualified. He behaves disrespectfully. And then he does as if he had done nothing. Or as if it were the normaste in the world.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, if a player wants to flip my cards over in a tourny, so be it - if you wanna be disqualified & I take all your chips. Sure, be my guest any time throughout the event. You're more than welcome provided the player is automatically disqualified.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it were me, I would be angry upon learning that someone cheated by looking at my cards. I would probably either internally be upset or voice my displeasure of what has happened. Maybe even a combination of both.

Agreed with everyone else. He should be disqualified for what he had done. If he did not at that time.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call the floor, let them deal with it, move on.

Claude Chiasson

Claude Chiasson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish that he was disqualified, if not i really don't know, for sure that kind of disgracefull act is not welcome.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That player is very disrespectful, especially with the only lady at the table, apart from cheeky with all the other players in front of him. He is mediocre, and all because he could not read his opponent. I imagine he should at least be disqualified and his chips would go blind.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FWIW this was a 100% douchebag move, but unless it's something he was doing repeatedly then the calls for everything from disqualification to forfeiting his stack in ITT are a little over the top.

Absolutely call the floor and they'll most likely assess a penalty, I suspect it'd be more like sitting out for a round though.

C

cjrent0608

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be disqualified. If something like that were to happend to me at a cash game, I'd leave the table right then and there. Unprofessional.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would never happen to me because I wouldn't get up from the table if I went all in, also I protect my hand. Having said that, that is the most ****ed up thing that I have ever seen. He should have been disqualified. Does anyone know what actually happened?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah again, disqualification is absolutely not the correct penalty for this if it's his first offense. At most I'd expect something like sitting out for one round of the button.

Here's the TDA rules: http://www.pokertda.com/view-poker-tda-rules/

This action breaks Rule 62, as the player has "read a hand that hasn't been tabled"

Players must protect other players in the tournament at all times. Therefore players, whether in the hand or not, must not:
  1. Disclose contents of live or folded hands,
  2. Advise or criticize play at any time,
  3. Read a hand that hasn’t been tabled.
One-player-to-a-hand is in effect. Among other things, this rule prohibits showing a hand to or discussing strategy with another player, advisor, or spectator.​

Here's TDA Rule 66 B about warnings, penalties and disqualification:

B: A penalty may be invoked if a player exposes any card with action pending, throws a card off the table, violates one-player-to-a-hand, or similar incidents occur. Penalties will be invoked for soft play, abuse, disruptive behavior, or cheating.​

I guess the appropriate reaction depends on whether you classify this as "violating one player to a hand" or "cheating". I think a penalty is absolutely warranted in this case as the violation was obvious and egregious. But let's look at the options:

Penalties, in escalating order, are generally:

- Verbal warning
- One or more missed hands
- One or more missed rounds
- Disqualification

I don't think a verbal warning is enough, though if it was the first and only time the player had done this, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the floor person opted for. Missing anything up to one round of the button is where I think this falls.

Even if the floor did opt for the nuclear option and disqualify the player BTW, those calling for that player's remaining chips to be given to the other player are wrong: TDA Rule 66 D:

D: Chips of a disqualified player shall be removed from play.​

That means nobody gets them.

If anyone is on Twitter and wants the definitive answer BTW, just tweet at Matt Savage. He quite often responds to queries like this one with what he would do in the same situation.

7drewski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow!! That is just wrong,and he is supposed to be a pro? Amateur hour stuff right there

F

favorable flop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't really matter if he is a pro or not. It's common sense you cannot do that, and the idiot tries to justify saying "the hand is over". Unfortunately, poker attracts this kind of people.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he should be penalized for cheating.

T

Tjwildman13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fight for him to be penalized as much as possible!

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy acted meanly and should be disqualified. And after the tournament, it possible to
beat his face)

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any poker player must follow the rules of poker etiquette, regardless of where he plays, if the cache is asked to leave the table, if the tournament is disqualification !!!