Chips
Just take your time and play some of the 1$ tourneys

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the cheap sng's and grow that $7 dollars. Then move on to higher stakes! Eventually you may be able to brag about going from zero to $10,000!

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should use proper bankroll management techniques that Chris Ferguson has spoken on so many times. It truly helps you to keep from going broke and become a winning player.

freeringo

freeringo

2019-20-21 League Champs
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play $2 or $3 sngs until you build it up something workable or go busto. I can understand why ppl may be against depositing, but unless you have absolutely no way of depositing $50 i'd highly advise you do it. Just give yourself x$ that you are willing to lose, then pick up some extra hours at work or whatever to fund the deposit.

Seriously, it makes zero sense to grind freerolls/$1 sngs for several months making like 25c an hour when you can use that time to work to make money to fund your account (granted won't work for everybody given the fact that lots of ppl don't have jobs atm and depositing isn't an option for everybody). The exception to this case would be when you are straight up learning how to play, in which case you should probably be playing freerolls/super micro games until you understand the basics in any case.

I totally agree.
I have started that way on every poker room I am in.
I have never made a deposit except to activate an account to cash out a big amount.
Got to start small and stay small until you can cash out and still have money left.

C

Coramoor_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to play the 1 dollar tourneys that pop up at random times, not the daily dollar but the others one, first place is generally 200 or so and it's normally only about a thousand runners, shouldn't take more then 3 hours or so if you make it to the final table, those tourneys don't have any rake as well so it's not a bad idea if you're a solid hold em player

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should use proper Bankroll management techniques that Chris Ferguson has spoken on so many times. It truly helps you to keep from going broke and become a winning player.

Chris Ferguson's Bankroll Management Bankroll management for Cash games: Never buy in for more than 5% of your bankroll Leave the game if more than 10% of your bankroll is on the table Bankroll management for Tournaments: 1 Table Sit and Gos - Never buy in for more than 5% of your bankroll Multi-Table Tournaments Limit buy in amount to 2% of your bankroll

B

BC7Falcons7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what to do with $7

With $9 I played in heads up games ($2.20 and 5.40) and won a couple. I found some jive turkey at night and he kept rematchin me and I won like $40 heads up on him in $5 games. Then I played a satellite and won a $26 tourney token. With that I got into this tourney that was like 16,000 guaranteed and was in first place with like 90 something people left. I eventually fell apart at the end and finished 11th and won like $170 something dollars. First place was $3,900. I'm still pissed at myself for falling apart. Sooner than later I have to get over that hump and win it all or at least take 2nd or 3rd and win at least $1,000.

P

phillypoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play the cheapest SNGs you can find and grow your roll.

the_urge27

the_urge27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play more freerolls u need a stronger bankroll than that to build something solid.....

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense or anything but how do threads like these get so many responses while threads that are actually reading worthy and have some good discussions have same people every time and get no posts.

Oh to the OP, buy a happy meal or chalupas at tacobell.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember seeing this thread. So I'm bumping it. Is Full Tilt not that great of a site for beginners? I've got my bankroll up to about 10$ from freerolls. I just started playing poker very recently, and have been obsessively playing it and reading and working on my game. This site has definitely helped. I was wondering how hard are the $1 + .25 sit and go's on FT? I've never even played a sit and go. So it seems like I'd be flushing it down the toilet. I don't wanna grind out more freerolls tho either. I've only really played MTT's. The $1 MTT's are great, but they also play alot like freerolls. UGH.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i ended up blowing it on some dam tourneys lol

anywways im gonna make a deposit on stars here within the next couple weeks

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had once left in my FTT poker account 2 $...I've only played the 10 c tournament and won it once..and also made some bubles on the FT at that one

ander

ander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forget..u know the 1000$ guarantee whit 10 c entry fee

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$7?

Easy. 7 shots at hitting the cup in Cooterball.

acehearts1

acehearts1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id advise you to try the 1$ 9 player sit-n-go's ..top 3 get payed (33% chance of earning mony which is pretty good but very time consuming to try to build a big bankroll ...anyways move up to bigger sit-n-go's until you reach a reasonable bankroll and then you can go in to the big mtt which have big payouts for lower risks like a 10$ buy-in has a pretty big guarantee ...so good luck with your 7$:cool:

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id advise you to try the 1$ 9 player sit-n-go's ..top 3 get payed (33% chance of earning mony which is pretty good but very time consuming to try to build a big bankroll ...anyways move up to bigger sit-n-go's until you reach a reasonable bankroll and then you can go in to the big mtt which have big payouts for lower risks like a 10$ buy-in has a pretty big guarantee ...so good luck with your 7$:cool:

yea but these 1 dolla sngs have a HUGE rake

sky4ever

sky4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really want to try on going up from 7$, I would advice playing cash games at 0.1-0.2, 3 tables.It`s going to take a while to triple your BR but once you reach 20$ you can try playing 1$ buy`in 9 handed sngos, and 2$ HU sngos. With 2$ sngos and progressively advancing to 5$,6$,10$ etc, you can build your BR preaty fast if you win about 75% of your matches.Otherwise, if you`re not into HU, apply the same metod on 9 handed sngos, and I`m saying 9 handed because if you play 6 handed you`ll have to be a preaty strong player at HU to win 1st place at least 30% of the time to show some profit, but with 9 handed you can cash 2nd place more often and still fell the BR going up.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep the 7 buks ,,,get more practice in freerolls wen u feel confident enuff play in 18 seater 1 dllr sit n gos,,gd luk

N

ninger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
keep playing thoose frerolls and when you have a decent bankroll start to play on low limits and if you lose stop playing don't try to win it back and make foolish mistakes

M

Machidon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i built my bankroll by winning a freeroll( so i guess u made the first step to build yourself a bankroll)....then i played backgammon,1$ sitgo,small stakes tables...then 2 $ bountys sitgo and tournies...now sitgo 2$,5$,250 guaranteed ,600 guaranteed,medium stakes tables :D.....i done all this using a proper bankroll management :deal: ;) and i was lucky i guess(and a bit of skill-never hurts to have some :smile:)
i wish u will have my luck too and make from your 7 bucks a nice bankroll :top:

PS....took me a lot of time to do this....so don't expect u get rich over night :rolleyes:...be pacient and if u do i think u will succeed :joyman:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No such thing as bankroll management when all you've got is $7. Just play $2NL or $1 SnGs, whichever you think you're best at, and hope for the best.
Like OZ said not much use practicing good BRM with only $7, go for the $2 sit 'n' go Heads up games they are soft at Fool Tilt, and If you are reasonable at HU try the $2 4 man HU shoot outs, with patience and a little skill you can win these also.