What would make you stop playing a game of poker?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is just a hobby. Being one of several hobbies that i have i am sharing my free time between them. Friends, family and my job (as my main source of income) are more important for me than any of my hobbies (including poker) so many things can stop me from playing poker.

J

janisromanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose lose lose and lose nonstop (

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends: is poker a hobby or is poker the way you pay (or try) to pay your bills? If poker is a hobby, the way someone unwinds, purely recreational, then there are many things which would take priority. If poker is your livelihood, poker must take a greater priority in one's life.

Quitting poker permanently? The only way I could see myself quitting for good would be if I developed an addiction that had severe negative consequences on my life and family.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably what makes me not start a session would be if it was time to sleep for example

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing would make me quit. for good but I can take a break anytime for important stuff

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Almost every day I need to stop playing a game of Poker, mainly my wife arriving and calling me; also a visitor arriving at home unexpected and so on. :icon_stud

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think the sensible answer should be a non-stop losing streak, and trust me it is getting close. Okay, I will make a promise now. I will stop playing poker the next time England win the Football World Cup. So not much chance then :eek:

Even if you constantly lose, you should be able to play within your BRM, but as we all know, unless you are v successful at poker, that sort of goes out of the window.

So I reckon I'll be giving up poker in about 2038, if I'm lucky. :rofl:

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Careful friend MARCWANTSTOWIN, England is a very good team and may be a surprise in this world cup in Russia.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything relationed with health and family or friends I change.

Yes. This. I would only add household chores and the like. Everything in its proper place--at least this is the goal. Though, I'm not perfect, far from it.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sex, football, beer, movies and much more ...
I easily throw a game of poker for it all ..)))))
:elefant:

h1seless

h1seless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no reasons not to play poker))

I am 17 years old kata poker, this is not to stop, I love this game, it can be like to relax and make and receive a lot of emotions. I can not live without the adrenaline in the blood))

Top 10 Games