What has Poker taught you which has helped you in other areas of your life?

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Poker is full of downs and ups, a lot of swings. But being patient you will eventually get to where you want

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me personally, poker gave me experience. I am much more patient and calm in emergency situations.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have learned to be more patient and take shots and be ok with the outcome whether its in my favor or not.
Patience, yes, that's something I've improved a lot through playing poker. I've always had a hard time being patient, I think not just me, but patience is basically a necessity if you really want to achieve your goals, both in poker and in your personal life.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Patience is a good one and I agree it has given me the patience and understanding that life is a long game and you cannot always win every hand or situation.

It was a long learning process and you usually are impatient when you are younger and don't like to wait for things because you want them straight away.

As long as you make the right decision over the long term you will prosper.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it has given me a better understanding of risk and it has really made me appreciate the value of optionality.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker players do things for their reasons, not mine. People do the same.
Poker players tend to do the same thing over time and establish tendencies for future play. People also have habits.
If you think a poker player is bluffing, they usually are not. People do the same.

Poker players are usually either aggressive, moderate or passive in their play. People live life the same...they risk takers or not.
In the past, women poker players usually played more passively (tight) and men more aggressive (loose), but over past few years women have evolved to become more aggressive and some men more passive. In life, the same.

Last edited:
bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
like the option of coming back to Team League :D lol sign ups just started for the Winter season :p https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/cardschat-winter-league-at-replay-poker-534916

I love card games and I have always played them but I think it has helped with my confidence in my choices <3

Well, personally, I am glad and happy you changed your mine .... of course, women do tend to do this more than men.
Hoping to be back on the felt and play with you Billi during Winter League. My best.

Wally

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When you make decisions and change tactics, or decide rules in your game, in the near future you can draw conclusions, but in life you have to be very restrained in major decisions, and you can't be sure how long they will affect your future for better or worse. Life is not a simple game and must be taken as such.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, personally, I am glad and happy you changed your mine .... of course, women do tend to do this more than men.
Hoping to be back on the felt and play with you Billi during Winter League. My best.

Wally

Ohhhh I am definitely playing <3 Just was thinking of enjoying the season as a player this time <3 not a captain :) This year was huge for me and I think I need to simmer, relax and just enjoy it for a change :) I mean I thoroughly enjoyed it but less stress :p lol BUT sometimes there is not enough captains, so who knows :)
These are 100% my favourite games to play :) and it is the community that is the draw for sure :) The nicest and most hysterical bunch of sharks out there :) not bias :p Thanks for always being amazing and maybe I can finally be on your team :p wink wink nudge nudge loool

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Nothing yet, but I suppose it will teach me in the future if I become a winning player. that persistence and discipline make anything in life possible, no matter how difficult it may seem

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is an antidepressant and I can chill out after hard day in work, focus on my game and write some posts on CardsChat.
It gives me freedom and opportunity to gather my thoughts.
Whenever I come back to poker after a long break, I feel great.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's a bit strange to see life as some science with statistics, but without a doubt, I will say poker teaches me to do things with more probabilities in my favor and not to get mad about results.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowledge of poker helps me better understand people and their actions, put myself more in their shoes and look at the situation through their eyes.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker taught me to have more discipline in life and be more consistent in the things I do and in a way I learned how to manage my money

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It made me more patient too and helped me pay more attention to small details. Additionally, it helped me realize that if I don't want to be surprised by the outcomes, I have to make sure they never come to be.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Patience, consideration, perseverance! Which was there even before playing poker :) but I think these are the things we can learn while playing poker! ;)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also helps me concentrate and be less expressive when I lie and it helps me realize when people lie to me.