What Nationality Do You Mostly Face at the Tables?

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every player of any nationality has an aggression against which it is difficult to play.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A year ago I thought that the Romanian Ukrainians and Brazilians are the most aggressive and inadequate players in poker. Now I understand that this only seems to be) The case is probably not in the nation but in the number of players who represent their country. It turns out that the Brazilians are the most on the PS for example, on the basis of this you meet more aggressive Brazilians in the game than players from other countries) That's why it seems that some players are more aggressive and inadequate than others) It's not the nations that need to be afraid Training your opponents))):D

There is a boom of poker in brazil, and a bunch of young players that is bigger than the population of some European countries. They are learning poker in youtube and with friends, who says "you must be aggressive to win". They are watching poker on TV, who shows only the hands with a lot of action, and they think the game is this way all the time.
I tried some alive games with this kind of players and it's veery difficult. There is always someone shoving, and it's really risky trying a steal cause people call you all the time. I think thing this upset regular players a lot. I'm always seeing others players writing "f...ing brazilians" in online games.

But I must say I found a lot of very good Brazilian players on online game too. There are some really skilled ones playing the FRC games and the Cardschat league. So if just put the players in a read based on his nationality, you will lose money.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is very difficult to make any kind of decision only on the nationality of the person. The best way is observe and to be attentive to try to make the best reading possible, because everything changes at any moment.

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate play vs russian players. Its so hard read them because they playing with very big range of cards and most of the time I loose vs them. Sometimes I dont have no idea what they doing, but pokerstars love them :D

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nationalities do not influence the game. Nationality does not determine how good for poker or not. It's just a nationality, it's just a country and now. I am convinced that success is about the knowledge, learning, patience, and dedication you have to play.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect all poker players, regardless of their citizenship. With caution play against players from canada and the UK - they play a narrow range of hands. Brazilians and Romanians play a wider range of hands. But that's just my opinion.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The origin of the countries of the players influence you in the way of playing against?
Are there any nationalities that I should be more careful?
:confused::confused:

no, I do not pay attention to the country of opponents and I do not advise you. everything depends from room poker, it is authorized to what countries to play. playing style depends rather on character of the player and its purpose (the professional or time to carry out), but not on nationality in any way.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The origin of the countries of the players influence you in the way of playing against?

I think there is! for me the most unpredictable and hard seem to be the Brazilians. Don't know maybe I'm wrong!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect all poker players, regardless of their citizenship. With caution play against players from Canada and the UK - they play a narrow range of hands. Brazilians and Romanians play a wider range of hands. But that's just my opinion.

at the expense of the Brazilians totally agree with you! yeah about the rest, in principle, also

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me if there is relevance in the nationality. It has a lot to do with the average IQ that exists in each country. Latin countries are weak in comparison to Europeans, due to the general culture of each country plus the use of resources and taxes established by each of them.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
If no way , I'm afraid !
fdf8c06f65a6ddbd1503d5c8b31aeaf7630a6569.jpg

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Of the Russians always have to be careful with the Russians, they are very crazy!

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does it matter what kind of co-existence
Everyone plays the game as much as he wants
I've decided to make a bluff or not

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nationality does not matter. In the game all players are equal.;)

Not quite right. There is something like a "national style of play." There are players who play aggressively more often than others (Italians and other latin). There are players inclined to call with any cards to the river (Romanians) :D. There are players who can not make reasonable raises and just play push-fold (Asian player). Usually these are players from countries where poker is little known, and of course it's just new players. Then the players gain experience and begin to play equally regardless of the country. :cool:

The Germans and the British play the most carefully. Canadians play in different ways - in my opinion they often play not sober. :D

At low limits, be afraid of players from the former USSR! Russians, Belarusians, Ukrainians - will fight for every blind even in freerolls. :eek:

Last edited:
J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that nationality in this game has no meaning
It all depends on your skills and abilities. Therefore nationality here is the last among the major issues in the game

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those guys from Las Vegas are tough to play with. LOL
Seriously what a strange question? It is not about nationality at all. There are just better and worse players in every single country. You could say that some countries have more poker players, than the others. And it's true. For example there are much more players from Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Canada and USA, than from Asia at the tables. It's obvious, but nevertheless i can't say that there are no good poker players from Asia, because it will be a lie.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that nationality in this game has no meaning
It all depends on your skills and abilities. Therefore nationality here is the last among the major issues in the game

Oh no! We are not talking about nationalities or nationalism! In no case! Only about the styles of the game, which is typical of the nature of players from different countries. People are of different temperaments. Southerners are more mobile and play more aggressively, they have a higher VPIP in statistics. Players from central and northern Europe - play more restraint. Of course, these are average parameters, in Europe everything has been mixed for a long time ...

Without having accumulated statistics, I can navigate simply by indicating where the player is from - it's better than nothing. But having accumulated at least a couple hundred hands of statistics, of course you should trust it more.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
its very true that certain countries players play a certain type of play. if I'm in an mtt and a guy in raising 4-5x 80% of hands pre flop, cbets 100% of his hands, fires 3 barrels with air or bottom pair, employs check raise or check shove way to often that it becomes exploitable, I don't even have to look. they are from brazil,russia.

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think nationality affects the players, my only concern is of they are playing in a coordinated way while playing online.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to go broke quickly, keep trying to base your game on flukes like that. Do you really think that people play the same way just because they come from the same country?

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What nationality do you most face at the tables?:confused:

For me is Brazilian and Russian