What motivates you to play when you're not in the mood?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feeling super unmotivated to play today. But I have to because I'm chasing a leader board . Currently sitting in 3rd place can't afford to not play.

You're always gonna be unmotivated to play at some point. Unless you have something else more important to do I would say, just play and stick it out.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend, try to relax, if you have problems and are stressed, it is best not to play, simply even if you do not want to, it will affect your game

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had this problem of not being in the mood to play poker. I am always looking for a game.:cool:

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I only play for fun, I don't have such a problem.:hahaha:

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing should motivate you when you are not in the "mood" because you will end up destroying your bankroll or playing badly.
If you are not in the mood just find something else to do, to make it simple would you stick around a 9_5 job if you do not like your job ? for me the answer was and will always be "No" than why would I stick around playing poker if I am not fishing patently and loving it.

Last edited:
tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I'm not in the mood I always leave to play another time

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feeling super unmotivated to play today. But I have to because I'm chasing a leader board . Currently sitting in 3rd place can't afford to not play.
Honestly, friend, I can't play poker in a bad mood. I would not concentrate well on the game and it would be a waste of time and money in this situation, my mind would not concentrate well in many game situations, I already had the experience and it was a disaster.:eek:

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you're being goal orientated then it seems finishing on top of that leaderboard would be my motivation!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that sometimes what motivates me when I'm not in the mood is precisely that, not being in the mood, we have to learn to play under all possible conditions, what if you are in a 5-day tournament and the third day you're not in the mood, would you stop playing? Of course not, so I think that what has to motivate you is that it does not matter under what circumstances you play, play, and play your best and with respect, because being in a bad mood does not give you the right to ruin the game of the the rest. Regards.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
naturally encourages the desire to get cash, but usually if it does not concern racing or other buns - this is the spirit of competition

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just don't play.

why would you engage in an activity if you're not in the mood to do?

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if i am not motivated i usualy just focus on something i hate doing and then i realize how much i love poker

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Motivation

As for me, if you are in a bad mood, then you just don't need to sit down at the table and play poker.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only tickets in tournaments

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a very hot session with SO will make me motivated again. ��

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nothing, I take a break - doing something else, after few days I'm in again... (IN the mood hahah) :)

A

AS7777777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the pleasure derived from the game itself.

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Videos

Watch past tournaments and professionals duke it out but....that being said you should never force yourself. You'll tilt faster then a drunk bailey dancer. I understand your situation though. Good Luck!

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the bad mood - nothing. I don't do nothing in the bad mood, in general.
But when I'm a bit "moody" - trying to shake it off, dancing or something and then I wanna play again))))

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
SO what do you do when your not in the mood for sex. Answer that and you know the answer to your question!

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in my personal case ... I set goals that I can achieve in the short, medium and long term ... so in this way I try to always have my motivation at the top ... and a tip never play poker if not they have motivation ....

This resonates with me. You need to set goals, both small and large, if you're trying to build discipline. I'm practicing strict bankroll management, and it's so hard not to use more than 2% of my bankroll on a tournament entry.

But I know I need to do that or I'll get destroyed by variance over time. Happy grinding. :D

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to play when you are in a bad mood or you are tired. But there are cases when, for example, you have a ticket to a good tournament, which expires. Then you need to gather strength, be patient and try to take your share of the prize money.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only participation in any race or competition can make me play when I'm out of shape! Because otherwise it will be a disaster for my bankroll! Unfortunately I can't find a way to play well when I'm out of shape!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, most players are motivated by the possible winning of money. But personally, I never play if I am not in a good mood.