What are the most legendary poker hands?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That good2cu hand was freaking crazy.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That last one is pretty sick. LOL.

no more running it twice or 4 times... :)

The result would be the same had they run it once. That was an unbelievable beat, the more times you run, the less variance there is supposed to be and Antonius still got nothing from a hand where he had 73% equity...

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Uhm..... SICK!?!??! I think I got a fever just watching that. I'm going to lie down, dizzy...

lmfao I like how Antonius recalls Sammy at the end... I roughly translated what Antonius was saying into what I think he really meant: "FML Sammy 2.0, there go all the chips that should have been mine. I'm about to try and flip this f***king table, and unlike Phil Hellmuth I will succeed."

J

JMcCabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The huge hand where it's Ivey vs Durrr vs PA and Ivey and Durr go heads up and its all in on a board of 345 with one of them having A2 and the other 67

This was a great hand on the UK-based Full Tilt Million Dollar Cash game.

The thing I find funny about it though is that the exact same thing happened in the previous season between Benyamine and Dwan, only Dwan held the A2 and Benyamine had 67.

CistaCista

CistaCista

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies.
It seems that everyone thinks that bluffs are the rage, which they are, but you can also suggest other hands you consider most legendary, like the final hands of any particular WSOPs.

Here's one: the "Nine on the river" for Ferguson vs Cloutier 2000. Ferguson is such a gigantic poker icon although he never really had a good wsop run since.
YouTube - Final Hand of WSOP 2000

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies.
It seems that everyone thinks that bluffs are the rage, which they are, but you can also suggest other hands you consider most legendary, like the final hands of any particular WSOPs.

Here's one: the "Nine on the river" for Ferguson vs Cloutier 2000. Ferguson is such a gigantic poker icon although he never really had a good WSOP run since.
YouTube - Final Hand of WSOP 2000

lol at the lack of noise when the 9 hits, and then all we see is some clapping, nobody going crazy. The WSOP and poker in general really came a long way.

S

skywalker606

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love the Jack Ury one. lol

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at Phil's face when he realizes what he's getting served.

Also, what is your opinion on slow roll vs. not slow roll? I would say Phil legitimately thought there was a chance he was on pocket 10's because of his flat call preflop which is why he was trying to pump for information with his AA/KK comment after the reraise. I didn't see it as a slow roll because of this.

The other guys at the table always have such bad behavior when it comes to bad luck for Phil! I understand it is mostly because Phil holds no restraint when he gets sucked out on, and has equally bad manners at times.. but still. :)

Part of me thinks it's kind of just an act though -- I mean, these guys play a LOT of poker together and it is almost like looking at a home game where everyone knows eachother and a little rib poking is to be expected.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at Phil's face when he realizes what he's getting served.

Also, what is your opinion on slow roll vs. not slow roll? I would say Phil legitimately thought there was a chance he was on pocket 10's because of his flat call preflop which is why he was trying to pump for information with his AA/KK comment after the reraise. I didn't see it as a slow roll because of this.

The other guys at the table always have such bad behavior when it comes to bad luck for Phil! I understand it is mostly because Phil holds no restraint when he gets sucked out on, and has equally bad manners at times.. but still. :)

Part of me thinks it's kind of just an act though -- I mean, these guys play a LOT of poker together and it is almost like looking at a home game where everyone knows eachother and a little rib poking is to be expected.

Not a slow roll, he was legitimately worried.

As for the other guys behavior, it's not because it was Phil, it's because it was Phil against an awful player. Plus, the fish winning money is great news for everyone else at the table.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The doyle brunson 10 2 has to be the greatest poker hand in history, it was good once, but for it to happen twice is insane, lol.

i know its 'a brilliant' hand but when i get it i cant press fold quick enough!!!!

S

skd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
[Quote = Stu_Ungar; 1615010] ei nu că o mână mare.

Există o mulţime de bani implicate, dar este nuci vs nuci al doilea cu 2 jucători foarte moi, care sunt capabile să cacealma în această situaţie. [/ Quote]
e normal ca intrun joc sa existe si cacealma e parte din poker:D

B

-----bryce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a great idea. but u have too have some online hands

B

bigpick76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG that phil helmuth hand in the big game where they ran it 4 times when he flopped trip 9's was just fckn ridiculous...i cant stand helmuth but even i felt bad for the guy there he ran it 4 times and lost 3 of the 4....SICK but funny

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for starting this thread. The poker was great and getting to see these hands was wonderful.

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great choices so far.

A recent one that sticks in my mind is Jonathan Duhamel's ultra-sick suckout on the river, delivering a heartbreaking elimination to Matt Affleck just before the final table in the 2010 WSOP main event.

Affleck played it great, was on his way to being the massive chip leader. Duhamel's suckout on this hand propelled him to the bracelet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0--25hgDF8g

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands