What is most important in poker?

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
experience over everything. Luck is not a relevant factor for a poker player, volume is. Professionalism is optional, if you can make more money being obnoxious, then do that instead.
Tony G. got Ralph Perry to "put all his money in with King Jack" by berating and harassing him. Tony is a great player and utilizes his talking abilities frequently.
The most important thing is experience and volume, with that comes that understanding of concepts like levels of thinking, game theory, and metagame. When you get good and move up the game starts to get really really complicated.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a combination of luck and mental toughness. When you make a perfect bet, lure somebody into a big pot and then they hit a flush on the river, it can be frustrating. But you've just got to accept it and move on. Those who go on tilt wind up allowing one bad hand to turn into a whole series of bad hands. Those who can tolerate a bad beat can mitigate the damage. Luck, of course, is also huge.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, both also need to study a lot about poker, strategy, style of play, and especially I think to be professional you have to have very good instincts ..

K

kidnaping

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
range, agression and position

in that order

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money agreed :)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

M

mariocep

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience, skill, mind control, in that order the rest takes care variance, there have nothing to do

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. No Emotion's.
2. Calculate stack your opponent's and respect your chips.
3. change play style.
4. instinct.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then you got to play cash or HU .. if you got no patience, lol

K

kidnaping

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what i think

profesionalism and experience i mind between others things

chipstacker

chipstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to say that good luck is becoming more and more a factor. I just played probably the most conservative poker ever in a tourney and waited for pocket kings, 5 people pushed all their chips in and two of them had an ace. Sure enough an ace comes on the river to ruin it.

No matter how well you play people are going to catch unlikely cards, so luck would have to be the number 1 thing I think a poker player needs

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
self-control and patience....since luck is being very important factor of this game, you cant beat it without these two things

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck and experience how to play

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money money money and money....

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

B

Boriska797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success and patience.Aspiring to victory.Free plenty of time.

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't seen the most important thing might of missed it.

Practice Practice Practice.

Also legality!

billy198702

billy198702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having the balls to play Anny hand. Unless you really suck at betting and bluffing of course

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A balance of Skill and Luck is most important......you can't substitute one for the other
Develop the skill so in situations when ur luck has run out, you can still pull forward with that skill of yours :)

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Understanding psychology. Why? To control your emotions efficiently, and to control the power in the table.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of the women.

beeDEE

D

dakota4real

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, good question.
Always need a bit of luck and the ability to control your emotions when in tilt mode. In other words, resisting going all in just because you lost the previous hand or two in a showdown.