What metrics are you going to use for your 2024 poker goal?

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Monetary like biggest score or total amount. Or is it monetary/ time like profit per month / hour. Or is it more learning based? Or just quantity of mtts or hands in cash? Or is it o converstion rate like cashing/ final table percentage? Maybe just how much time spent playing.

For me this year my goal is roi, so the percentage profit on how much I've spent. And have a rough plan of how much I want to spend session wise and weekly wise.

How about you?

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Size matters! I'm talking about bankroll here. :p

Whether it grows or not, and by how much will be the sole metric. I shall be studying and trying to learn more too, but that needs to be quantifiable. Results in terms of profit/loss is the best way to track improvement from studying.

Edit:
It might not even click straight away, there are things I could learn in 2024 that only start to pay off in 2025 when it comes to bankroll but I still think that's my best metric.

Last edited:
LuTsu

LuTsu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 2024 I want to build a 1k bankroll, go to the gym, buy a 8 core desktop and a good chair.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That first million remains the target.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
My only goal in 2024 (in all gambling areas separately and combined) is probably to win even more €€€ than in previous year ...

Shouldnt be that hard though :unsure:

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My poker goals for 2024 are not result-oriented, but rather evolution-oriented.
I want to be better, to take better decisions, to feel like I know what I am doing at the table, and not depend on luck.
I want to study more and don`t spend my little time only playing. I would like to be more disciplined to do that.
I would like to improve on Hold'em, but also on mixed games in general. Hopefully the bankroll will increase as long as I keep getting better.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My poker goal for 2024 is:
Build a solid bankroll (5k+) with cashgame from NL2 up to NL25 and play big entry tournaments occasionally to maybe get a lucky punch.
For cashgame I use:
- bb/100hands
- $/hour-day-week-month-year
For me to measure my poker profits there has to be time involved in the formula. You can have a roi of 100% easily if you only play super low paced microlimit tournaments single table. Maybe makes you a $ a day. Better have roi of 10% and make 5$ a day.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bankroll control, that is, playing tournaments at the limit that the bankroll allows, will be my main goal for 2024!!!

R

Riverboatbrush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm aiming to improve on my mixed games. It's difficult to maintain an edge in holdem these days, so I think 8 game and HORSE are the way forward

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'll try to win major poker tournaments and qualify for it because I want something big, like win a tournament for 1 million and just play high limits and don't withdraw money, just play to increase my money even higher because micro limits are sometimes boring

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
1. Self-control
2. Wise patience
3.perspective foresight
4.targeted decisions
5.progressive development

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My main goal is to get Bigger Arms... but that's mainly because I feel so puney when I look at Gallardo's avatar pic.

Once my arms have exceeded your average pencilnecks' then I want to work on my hands (poker hands I mean... via some disciplined studying).

I intend on putting in some decent volume playing MTTs. I want to get better at them and to do so I'm going to need to put in some serious volume.
For years I've been wanting to tackle tournament play but haven't really left cash games since 2014 and even in cash games I haven't really put in much effort to improve because I keep telling myself I'm going to be a tournament player.
Basically... 'make up my mind' and then stick with it. After some more review this past month, the choice is going to be Tournaments.

I hope I'm posting here next year at this same time with 5,000 mtt's played in 2024 along with a trip to Las Vegas to play in a few wsop events

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, to make a profit. Great to have a hobby that doesn't cost any money.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I've been thinking more, volume is something I'm aiming for too. Or I guess we could just say hours played.

Hoping I can make time for 20 hours a week on average, so around 1000 hours for the year. Poker study hours on top of that.

It's going to be tough to fit it all in with personal life, work, some other studying I'm currently doing, gym etc. Will see what I can do. Would probably be happy with 6-800 hours logged but lets shoot for that 1000!

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Building your bankroll as big as possible is the goal.

focus13

focus13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It would be hard, but I want to make bankroll from 0, and I want to start from freeroll's. So let's do it

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Last year I used league placements to measure success. It was good at forcing me to play conservatively, but it ended up with me not cashing as often. This year, it's all about the cash!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As always reach $2500-$5000 yet again and simply just to have another of fun playing poker.

After that it might get interesting for me as I may decide to venture into 100nl full ring cash tables. Already play high level MTT's when I get the chance and time now and again.

Cheers!!!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As always reach $2500-$5000 yet again and simply just to have another of fun playing poker.

After that it might get interesting for me as I may decide to venture into 100nl full ring cash tables. Already play high level MTT's when I get the chance and time now and again.

Cheers!!!
Was too late with this EDIT to actually edit the post my bad.

Would also like to improve my 6 max play and play more 6 max in 2024.

Not sure where I'm gonna find all this time for poker in 2024 thou lol.

Cheers!!!