What makes You feel Great while Playing ?

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a hand by correctly narrowing down opponent's range to just a few options, and once in showdown opponent does show that my read was correct.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is interesting. There are many sensations depending on the results. Joy when you win and frustration when you lose. In my case, I play just for fun, even so when I lose, which is most of the cases I get depressed

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel good when I raise with Aces preflop.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like challenging games, I also play chess and other game that require focus. What I like about poker is the competition. There's no better feeling when you beat the other players on the table.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Having Aces hold up.(dosent happen often for me online)

rusyamingazov

rusyamingazov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i know what opponent has

when i'm playing the best feeling when you know during the play what opponent has, it doesnt matter win or lose, sometimes i feel great, when its showdown and see what you expected

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What makes me feel good in the game and makes my opponents tilt I love to give them bad to see them upset without knowing what to do

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of traffic on this site deals with feeling bad ...
What are some aspects of the game that bring greater pleasure to you - beyond the general enjoyment of playing the game?

Great question and I like how you asked it as well re: bad beat posts

For myself I am striving to be non emotional whether I win or lose a hand (its a long process thank goodness I don't stream so nobody can see me yell in frustration when a 2-6 outer hits for the villain :)) remember I said I try to ... :rofl:

When I am successful at this I notice I am playing calm, centered and focused. And moving on to the next hand to continue stacking as best I can and forgetting the previous hand good or bad until I study my game later.

But to your question yes it feels good when I win any hand I am ahead in and not only did I win the hand but I stacked my opponent. What I find satisfying is coming in the top3 and what makes me feel great is coming in first. Which I am sure is the same for everyone :)

I have a bit of work to do on the emotional aspect of the game but getting their slowly if not surely.

Last edited:
A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the very process of the game, especially reading the opponents, the competitive process is also interesting. I put on good music and concentrate on optimal play, which is great, especially when it backs them up with a good win rate over the course of the race.I enjoy the very process of the game, especially reading the opponents, the competitive process is also interesting. I put on good music and concentrate on optimal play, which is great, especially when it backs them up with a good win rate over the course of the race.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of traffic on this site deals with feeling bad about certain aspects of this game.

I got sucked out on when I was winning.
I got bad beat.
I got it in good and lost on the river.
It's rigged!
Bots
I lost my entire bankroll in less than 4 hours.
etc etc.

I'm interested in finding what unique aspects of this terrible/awesome game - players find enjoyable.
What are certain aspects of the game that are euphoric?

I play tournaments exclusively. Generally I really enjoy playing the game of poker. Even with all the negative stuff that every player has experienced, even when getting 2 outed on the final table bubble, even when my Aces up boat gets destroyed by quads - I still really enjoy playing poker.

Certain aspects of the game bring greater enjoyment to me - much more than just the general, every day enjoyment I get from playing the game.

I receive great pleasure from
1. Winning hands vs passive, slow playing, trappy players.
2. Making an instinctive winning hero call on the river when the math say I should fold.
3. Folding a strong hand A/Q+, 99+ preflop and not regretting it.
4. Correctly avoiding the temptation to shove on the flop when I flop the nuts.
5. Making a crying call pre/post based on notes I have taken - and being correct.
6. Collecting chips from and/or busting players who play overly aggressive.
7. Of course final table.
8. Of course - finishing top 3.

What are some aspects of the game that bring greater pleasure to you - beyond the general enjoyment of playing the game?
Winning a big prize tournament with lots of Bluffs.;)

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I feel great during a tournament:
- when I have a good read on someone
- when I double, triple and so on up
- when I fold wisely
- when I check wisely on the flop to get someone betting against me to get more value
- when I win an interesting HU vs a good player

sosiconec1

sosiconec1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA in hand, royal-flush, big mac, pizza,agressive music,double up:):):)

Nickname on PS: lildxxdec

Style:Agressive

Type:Holdem

:):):):):)

Playing 2 weeks, get 28/1000 on EPT SOCHI :D:D:D

C

clave7777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to agree with Jim on the winning with a bluff. Especially on the guy whos been chirping all game! lol

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Nature of poker...

Well, if i can be little comedial, not so serious, there is elements in poker which are questionable if tried them real life. :)

"Fraud"or something like that would judge say to your "bluf" in court, when you had tried to cheat someones money for yourself by missleding and manipulating him with false information.

Be deceptive to another is ethically ok in poker, its useful to you in strategywise.

I think poker tickles that dark side of us humans what we dont like ourselves, or dont want see or whatever.

So lets just say, that its competitions,challenge and so on, what makes me like about poker. :)

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it when you catch a new combination on the flop, where you can safely make the player pay more, thinking that you have garbage on your hands.:D

D

DevaCat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things I really like:

- Making good decisions. To focus on this, I have the lines for actual winnings and showdown winnings hidden in my tracker- I only show the AIEV and winnings without showdown lines. To a great extent the actual winnings shouldn't matter if you get it in good- if AA gets cracked by KK, so what? You've still made the right decision.

- Out-competing your opponents. One of the best things I read was (I think by Doyle Brunson) that you should define fun as winning. That's a great mentality to have, and really helps with the game. It doesn't make you play a specific way, but focuses on the outcome (that AIEV-adjusted winnings line going upwards!).

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch the hands and see how I played. where it's good and where it's bad.

Tinozera

Tinozera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have the perfect read on the opponent and that I hand in my hands it is my moment of total happiness in poker

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I personally feel great when I hit the bubble and get double or more of my buy-in back, then whatever comes next will make me much happier.

TCeNTuRioN

TCeNTuRioN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i play A-game! ... and when i won a tournament sure!!!!!!

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What makes me good while I play is that I always have a good pot and I always get KK that makes me extremely very good and note that I do not ask for two AA:D

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It cheers me up when I have a strong pair to raise the bet, and the flop shows the correct actions so it raises the joy.