What kind of poker player do you consider yourself to be?

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I have met many types of players. However, recently I have been dividing them according to the following criteria:
Agresive - Passive and Thight - Loose.
And mix that combination.
When I start Play poker I was absolutly Agresive loose, because i rise all, call all, i don't care about position. IT is not good style im my opinion because playing like that You must bluff a lot because of playing almost all deals.
I've never been loose Passive - i like risk, i got temperemant which don't suit with Passive style, I AM crazy, funny, dynamic... swe flop, sometimes also turn. And then fold. They call call call fold. The best opponents for me ;)
Tight Passive is good - but not the best. They Play only strong hands but don't rise too much. They don't bet optimum value. They dont't know value of their hand. Moreover sometimest it takes hours to got some KK or AK. That kind of players can just check with strong hand to riva and then bet - when they got 100% strongest hand.
I think this is my level for today. Of course when tilt I AM loose agresive and alwayse game over.
Tight Agresive I would like to be. Play strong hands and bet excacly value as hand is worth. But this is a lot of maths with it. Also You need to know what will be opponents reaction.
So.... Since few weeks I upgrade my game from agresive loose player to tight Passive player (but i AM still loose agresive when tilt)
And now will learn how to be Tight Agresive player.

By the way I Hope more members will put masks down and tell us, how they Play. Maybe IT will be a little bit easy to win against them, or what is more probably - just not to be eliminated so fast.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself a very aggressive player because I like to have control of my hand and decide what strategy to use with each opponent.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself to be a completely normal player, not really experienced, not a beginner too. I think im just the mosst average out of every simetric there is in poker. The average of the average.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I cannot say I like to be categorised, as one specific type of player, I believe I am Profitable, but not over aggressive, The great players in Tournaments are the ones that can play tight when they need to be cautious, and Aggressive in other situations. Once you can Identify what type of opponent you are up against, then you can change your playing style to play against them.
Playing passively when you are Strong, letting them take the lead, and let them dig a hole they cannot climb out of is a great feeling when you know they are just bluffing at you.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of Poker player do I consider self to be?! Hm, interesting question! On the present time, I think, I'm near to universal player...
Because I play the different kinds of Poker: the different types of tournaments, cash games, spin&go... Something like that!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Great question....came back last year(this time) after a number of years away.

Honestly not really that good of one when it comes to up to date knowledge and studying. The only newish course I bought is Peter Clarke's FTGU last year this time and I never even finished it. Found out I don't need it too still be a winning player from 2nl-50nl. So that means all my poker knowledge is basically still 15-20+ years old...<---yes I'm dead serious.

What I do well is all the following: have patience, bankroll management and mental toughness/tilt control. The only other thing I do regularly is hand reviews of my play so bad habits/plays don't creep into my game and to help understand the player pool so I can exploit them better.

I'm better cash player then MTT player. I don't enjoy cash near as much as the challenge of MTT's though. Go figure lol.

Last but not least I have no idea even after 20+ years how good I really am as a player overall right now. Cash I haven't played much above 50nl online. In the smallish number of bigger buy MTT's I've played over the years I've held my own and I'm profitable but the sample size is small. FWIW I've also never felt uncomfortable playing higher stakes.

So should be a fun ride this time around.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I try to play tight at loose tables ,loose at tight tables, I make mistakes and try to learn but the nr1 for me is to enjoy to play.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I guess i am medium-weak, i'd like to improve but i'm not making enough to achieve that

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself a medium player, more of a tight aggressive style.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t even know how to characterize myself :unsure: I play differently in every hand

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play whenever I want to play I don't want to play much I won't want to play even harder I play like high in what mood I'm playing, but seriously, I play tight aggressively I think this is the best style of poker and every player will be afraid of you because you're unpredictable, this is the best quality in poker

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I consider myself an amateur and a fairly strong player

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I consider myself a medium player and every day I'm learning and try to improve my game and skills.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for over 50 years now and in that time I have gone from being a losing player
to being a just better than break even player which is good enough for me. I just enjoy playing poker,
the money is irrelevant to me cos I only play micro stakes.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely average/medium, and always nice. :)

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What doesn't make money hahaha

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am one of the poker players who are strong before the river and weak after the river, as I manage to lose even 99.1% on the river.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'm an medium player. A lot depends on my mood, sometimes I want to play aggressively when I’m in a bad mood and relaxed when I’m in a good mood.:)