What Kind of Player Are You

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pour some water in a glass. Water will take the shape of the glass. Pour the same water into a jar, it will take the shape of the jar. I think a poker player should have that characteristic.
I am of the same pattern, flexible and adjustable with the changing situation. Though i have not reached to that perfection but i am trying my best to be of that type of player.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if im not counting down the timer and folding every hand...im random erratic aggressive.its straight russian roulette playing with me lol

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix it up based on the board and the player but that is mainly for live as you only have timing tells online, sometimes they are clear but if I'm not aware I act accordingly.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI There
I Think that the best is......To Play poker

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player Player? lol

That's Rude, OK Well My Mum said I'd Break The Girls Hearts when I was older... HAHA

I'm not that Kind of Player though!!!

I'm Passive / Aggressive my "leaks" say I should toughen up and Continue Bet more and 3Bet more and work within position more....

I guess that Means I'm a Heart Breaking Donkey....

000de10c-500.jpg

Nemchenko_A

Nemchenko_A

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, it depends on the mood. I try to be The Tight-Aggressive, and sometimes you go to the statistics, and there played 70% of hands:D So most likely I have a mixed style.

H

haydensaint1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Myself Im in the process developing what kind of player I am. I find I chance things based on learning something is comments mistake made by new players.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
style of play

Free Aggressive / Passive. I like to play tight-aggressive, but everything, of course, depends on the specific situation, the size of the bets and the blinds, the level of players at the table and a lot more if there are.:help::help::help:

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to say I'm tight, but I over play my blinds and small pairs. If I could defend less and set mine less I'd have some good TAG stats.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My style is all over the place as is my schizophrenic personality

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a mood player can be active as well as passive

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to mix it up,but mainly Tight/Aggressive(TAG)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None. Can be either depending on my opponents.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have called me The Devious One. I like to let my opponent think they are ahead or that they can bluff me out. At which point they put their chips into the pot and it's too late for them.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Style

I am pretty unique. I play all different styles at different times depending on the situation. For cash ring games I am more TAG when I sit down and stay that way for awhile, but as my table image gets to the point that people are folding anytime I bet, I start to loosen up and go LAG for spurts. The rest of the table also dictates how I play. If they are a bunch of super tight players, then I go LAG quickly and scoop up plenty of blinds. If the whole table is loose, then I tighten up.

I do the opposite in tournaments. With quickly rising blinds, I feel you have to give yourself extra opportunities to build a stack. Normally, I start pretty LAG until I build a nice stack (or bust...it happens) then I switch it up. I do switch gears throughout a tournament because I want to always keep my opponents guessing.

Most people just have their style and stick with it day in and day out. I don't believe you can be successful that way. I believe the more you develop your game, the better player you become. Being able to switch gears is a terrific way to build your game.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 The Tight-Aggressive (TAG)
2 The Loose-Aggressive (LAG)
3 The Loose Aggressive/Passive
4 None

My first instant answer to this question was... Losing!

But as contemplate I feel that answer has changed somewhat in the last couple weeks.

Break Even...ish.

I feel that I'm a tighter/slightly aggressive player. However I do feel that I have been starting to adjust how I play according to the play of the ones I am surrounded by.

Hopefully that's a good thing.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could be a good LAG, and I try to be a TAG, but it can be frustrating taking losses. The aggressive part of it leaves me susceptible to big losses, but playing passively limits wins and opens the door for suck outs. I'm still trying to learn, so I guess I don't really know what I am.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often try to get to the flop, even with poor hole cards, I'd rather lure to give the right to raise its rivals, even if I have a winning combination, I'm not going to improve, and give it the right to opponent