what kind of figure do you consider yourself to be?

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in poker you have to be a queen, the strongest chess piece, otherwise you won't be able to win.:)

You can't win with Queen and King vs 2 rooks and King(equal players) ... fields need multi attack to be won.
According to this they boil down to being pretty much even, with maybe a very slight edge overall to the bishop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_piece_relative_value
They are even and not.. in early stage of the game Knight's are better because Bishops don't have their full potential like they have from mid game till end. And pair of bishops is far more stronger than pair of Knights (according to world class players)

I can't find a comparison between the two games. :(:(
You can't find the comparison because you are type of player that only looks itself's cards without calculating opponents. In chess, when 2 players of equal knowledge play ... they open and then the look for flaws and mistakes in opponents game. That's how you win.
In poker when you open you need to calculate opponents cards to beat him... familiar ?
Neither do I, maybe it's because I'm not a chess expert I only know the basics but I don't see any relationship between poker and chess
I would recommend everybody to learn chess... poker and chess are games where you mess with someone's brain and knowing how things work...will make you one step forward.

You dont have to be a great chess player to enjoy playing chess but there are are so many similarities in strategy that I can't count them...

"I need only 1 game of chess with somebody to almost exactly know what type of person he is" said Kasparov long time ago and I couldn't agree more.

R

ruco72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not good enough to be the box where you store all the chess pieces (yet)! :D

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Figure

I would say I was a Knight/ One that is aware of those around him/her with the ability to make some key moves and can look ahead enough to win.

GL ALL :D

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well, I'm not going to sin with false modesty, so I would love to be a KING...with his QUEEN at his side. Ha! Ha ha!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am the Castle / Rook. Always straight and direct.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am a calm person, who is waiting for things to happen and who does not run, especially, after the extraordinary:)

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In chess pieces, in poker cards so I'm the grandmaster :D

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a Knight. He great at protecting other figures and often the most deceptive figure on the board.