What good would moving to lower stakes do?

P

pokermanplym

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well to put it simple move to lower limits helps you keep your bankroll if u go on a bad run and lose half your money or so then move down build it back up then start goin gigher limits

B

buckshot40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate the advice, and it has helped. I have looked back at a ton of hands and seen where I need to improve and I've also seen that I did just have a real shitty run. I've changed up a good bit and been much more successful.

O

overtop69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a simple question....are you too tight and predictable? If you only play premium hands and only play in good position then maybe you aren't playing enough hands. Get caught bluffing once in a while, change up your play. If you stick to the same hands in the same situations all the time you will only get action when someone can outdraw you. For example....in the 1st hand....it is obvious to me that the villain put you on a hand, knew that the loss of that 1 would pay off in the long run against you...because sooner or later he will hit his draw...and you are GIVING him value. Loosen up, take risks, show that you don't ONLY play premium....you'll get more action...and win bigger pots. Otherwise, when the other player doesn't have a draw he will simply fold to your bet and you win the minimum, and when he does have a draw he will chase to get all your money.

Remember that in cash games players will play a lot looser than in tournaments, so adjust your strategy accordingly.

B

buckshot40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a simple question....are you too tight and predictable? If you only play premium hands and only play in good position then maybe you aren't playing enough hands. Get caught bluffing once in a while, change up your play. If you stick to the same hands in the same situations all the time you will only get action when someone can outdraw you. For example....in the 1st hand....it is obvious to me that the villain put you on a hand, knew that the loss of that 1 would pay off in the long run against you...because sooner or later he will hit his draw...and you are GIVING him value. Loosen up, take risks, show that you don't ONLY play premium....you'll get more action...and win bigger pots. Otherwise, when the other player doesn't have a draw he will simply fold to your bet and you win the minimum, and when he does have a draw he will chase to get all your money.

Remember that in cash games players will play a lot looser than in tournaments, so adjust your strategy accordingly.

That was a big part of my problem. I was also too easy to push off a hand, I've been shoving in more and am winning (at least what seems to me to be) a ton of big pots that are folded to me. I've also picked up a couple monsters with nut flush draws as well. I just hit for about $400 w/ Ac,9c against K,K when the flop was 7 high with 2 clubs. The beauty was that I hit the ace and not the flush. I used to call two big bets hoping to catch and then would either fold or shove in if I hit. That was waaaaaaaay to predictable.