What does a freeroll offer to a beginner poker player?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello chat such a topic for today:cool::cool::cool:

I think freerolls give a beginner, but not just a beginner, an opportunity to practice and find the game they are looking for. how do you think?

It's an environment where you make mistakes without major consequences, but I don't think the goal is for you to become a professional freeroll player, right?

So take your time, enjoy the table, try to extract as much knowledge as you can, after all you have to spend at least 2 hours in a freeroll to earn just a few cents, those cents cannot be your goal, right?

I'm only playing Freerolls, I'm already selecting better which ones I register, but I recommend participating as much as I can, but study a lot, don't think for a second that just playing you will evolve, be critical, try to identify your mistakes and correct them, will most likely succeed.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can be a good way for us to build our bankroll and gain experience on the go, playing in tournaments without the pressure of risking our own money, just enjoy and rejoice.
It's just a "winwin" situation isn't it?

Last edited:
BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
freerolls teach you what variance is, but without the negative impact of this variance on your bankroll ))

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
And if it's a little more serious, then it's better to play only such freerolls, in which the indicator (prizes/N) turns out to be at least 25 cents. For example, if a freeroll has a prize pool of $100, and the number of participants is much more than 400 people, then it is foolish to play such freerolls to build a bankroll. These can only be played for fun. Also in freerolls with a normal value (p./N) people will play more intelligently than in other freerolls and therefore the game will be very close to playing in tournaments with small buy-ins. In general, high-quality freerolls are a great opportunity for training and for starting your poker career from scratch!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Opportunity to learn, opportunity to make money. Playing against players w something on the line helps u learn.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls are not meant to make money. They are needed to learn how to play for money. Because if you play with play money, you won't be able to gain real experience. In these games, players are fearless and aggressive. But when the game has even a small financial interest, as in freerolls, then the game is more serious.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello chat such a topic for today:cool::cool::cool:

I think freerolls give a beginner, but not just a beginner, an opportunity to practice and find the game they are looking for. how do you think?
The most valuable thing that freerolls give to a beginner player is experience and the opportunity to accumulate a bankroll without personal investments

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Receive the chance to apply what you've learned in poker for free and with that, compete for the chance to win some prizes that can help build a bankroll to continue playing and learning about poker.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Freerolls & freeroll winnings are kinda like a bandage, they offer newbie a way to play serious poker without losing their own money as they would since they are newbie

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls teach patience and provide an opportunity to train different game strategies without investing. Also, strengthening your bankroll and the opportunity to play in a big tournament.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though the prizes are small, it's an incentive to develop your skill as a beginner. I think it's great for the game as a whole!

mickykitch88

mickykitch88

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I tend to find you really get a lot of quick play and bullying that is fully loluck based just to get chip totals up. Which tends to deter from the actuak way it should be played. But towards the latter stages you tend to get real poker styles forming

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It offers you the opportunity to play for money without worries of losing your own money. It also gives you the chance to improve your game playing with many other players with various styles of play.

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Frerolls are a good opportunity to learn new emotional skills

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
When you lose a freeroll it does not suck as much. Freerolls give opportunity's for all players not just new ones who lost their bankroll to gain more experience and potentially make it back and possibly more. Freerolls give advance players a database of the hand history of all the casual players they face for free... even though the rng don't help them much by rewarding people who all in with k10 on the preflop the pot over kk etc or J8 off suit all in preflop vs AA. 100% blame the new antibot software.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing online for nearly 20 years, and mostly play for fun, so Its a lot of freerolls. They tend to play looser than cash games, so Im not sure how great a learning experience they are. But over this time I have cashed out quite a bit of $, so they are what they are!!

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I tend to find you really get a lot of quick play and bullying that is fully loluck based just to get chip totals up. Which tends to deter from the actuak way it should be played. But towards the latter stages you tend to get real poker styles forming
888s turbos are insane... the blinds levels are every two minutes....you have to play aggressive all the way though or you'll never win the tourney... if you want a normal game you should play regular tournaments with 5 to 10 minute blind levels. They will give you more time to wait for good quality hands if your style is tight aggressive.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This opportunity gives players a chance to experience the reality of tournament environments- competition, strategy and learning how to win.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Starting bankroll, in case of winning of course 😀

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
He offers him to start playing poker without investments, which can greatly change his life in the future

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The field of opponents in inexpensive MTTs will be weaker than in a cash game. They are more prone to negative actions and bluff moves. Psychologically, it is easier for players of low stakes tournaments to part with chips in the game - they do not have the feeling of losing real money. You can play freerolls and cheap satellites in tournaments that are not on the bankroll. Many players got a good profit by qualifying through satellites. Today, the traffic on partypoker has noticeably decreased, which means that the guarantees in tournaments and the number of opponents in them have decreased. But there are still a large number of tournaments that are potentially interesting for novice players.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An opportunity to build a bankroll while not caring for poker theory.

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
They are really good practice with a bit more motivation that play money. I’ve been playing free rolls and bonus package games through January and I’m up to $110 winnings so there’s definitely value in taking the opportunities that are available. Plus, they’re fun which is why we do it!

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better than just playing for play money. I can never figure out why you would do that unless perhaps it is just to test things out after downloading a new poker room or playing on a different device for the first time

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they could offer him more free tours.