What does a freeroll offer to a beginner poker player?

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello chat such a topic for today:cool::cool::cool:

I think freerolls give a beginner, but not just a beginner, an opportunity to practice and find the game they are looking for. how do you think?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
freerolls are for you to understand how difficult it is to make money in so many players, have the patience and know how to count your money and appreciate them there are people gaining experience so that they can then use them in a game with a more expensive tournament for him

R

raffyffy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I feel like all of these answers are true! I also feel like they are a good, safe way to practice and build discipline...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the freeroll, but there are some good freerolls that is a great way to practice and gain experience. Also, freerolls are an opportunity to win free money to start a initial bankroll.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, everything is fine, but freerolls are difficult to attribute to real poker, due to many factors. Still, the understanding that admission is free allows people to do rash things and not lose anything for it. Another thing, when you paid for entry, it's not so easy to bet all-in on the flop on the "third pair" :D

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A reference on your query.

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
there are many formats to play poker. At the beginning you should try out for yourself with little money which format you like best - and improve your game over time. Position, cards, emotion off and awake instinct is the key

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The opportunity to learn how to play poker without investing real money, on the other hand if you can win real money, I confess that I play a lot of free tournaments although I can deposit but I want to do zero banking and scale up and improve and then make withdrawals and deposits if I see that I improve my game.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it offers the beginner poker experience, against competitive players, with no financial risk involved.

Players either use those opportunities to play solid poker, read opponents, learn the game and improve. Or waste it by playing Bingo Poker, learn nothing...as their only motivation is winning a few free dollars !

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls offer beginners in my view the opportunity to learn how experienced players play, how inexperienced players lose easily, how players bluff, the development of their own thinking for Poker, and the opportunity to win some and practice other paid games.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
a freeroll gives a beginner the opportunity to start their bank roll without having to make a deposit, in addition to serving as practice, you can analyze the situations that arose in the tournaments and try to correct the mistakes made in the next tournaments

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll are good avenue to learn on the go for beginners at same time when variance favor you can give you a buy-in to practice more often. Just avoid the bingo players at the early stage.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, all is well, but freerolls are difficult to classify as real poker due to many factors. After all, understanding that admission is free allows people to do rash things and not lose anything for it. Another thing is that when you paid to enter, it's not so easy to put all-in on the flop on the “third pair” :D
I fully agree with you that players are not afraid to go all-in because it's not their money

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the freeroll is good for trying to build a bankroll, what you learn by playing it, I believe it's only good for playing it.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Frerolls give a good opportunity to practice.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Freerolls are not just for beginners, far from it actually. There's a lot of players here who have been playing for years and still mostly play freerolls.

Fact is only a small % of players make it

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello chat such a topic for today:cool::cool::cool:

I think freerolls give a beginner, but not just a beginner, an opportunity to practice and find the game they are looking for. how do you think?
so it is, if you do not take into account some points, many newcomers after crazy games in freerolls, when they go all in with almost any cards, transfer this habit to the game for money

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can still train different situations when playing all-in)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think you learn something in every poker tournament and I've played many freerols just to learn patience and I've noticed that it doesn't matter whether you play with a buy in or a freerol, the possible bad beats that you find in freerol can also be found in paid tournaments. But the willingness to play some hands that you would very likely not play in a paid tournament is much higher in a freeoll. Nevertheless, I have already seen the same or similar situations in paid tournaments. And I think I've really experienced every kind of bad beat myself in the freerols and in the buy-in tournaments. There are big differences when it comes to freerols, so the Platinum Freerols are not comparable with the normal freerols where you play against a few 1000 people but if you manage to win these freerols then I think you can call yourself a successful poker player. Having the strength to stay in a freeroll until the end shows that, on the one hand, you have to show a lot of patience and, on the other hand, that you make no or minimal mistakes. Many people make the mistake that they don't take freerols seriously and they don't call it real poker, but I'm of the opinion that regardless of whether you play a freerol or with play money or with real money a tournament, it's about poker and there are the same variables in every tournament. And I think that it is also a sign of respect for the other players that you do your best and that you take poker seriously even if you have the feeling that others aren't doing it. Of course, there are differences between a freerol and one with a buy in, but you must not let your own game be affected by it.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
They give you the opportunity to build a Bankroll despite how little experience you have.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing with freerolls, with freerolls I learned to play poker from scratch, I learned the rules of the game, the players and I saw unfired passes, so it helped me a lot!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free experience, and considering the format used to find in freerolls, to learn how to play with low stack.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you learn something in every poker tournament and I've played many freerols just to learn patience and I've noticed that it doesn't matter whether you play with a buy in or a freerol, the possible bad beats that you find in freerol can also be found in paid tournaments. But the willingness to play some hands that you would very likely not play in a paid tournament is much higher in a freeoll. Nevertheless, I have already seen the same or similar situations in paid tournaments. And I think I've really experienced every kind of bad beat myself in the freerols and in the buy-in tournaments. There are big differences when it comes to freerols, so the Platinum Freerols are not comparable with the normal freerols where you play against a few 1000 people but if you manage to win these freerols then I think you can call yourself a successful poker player. Having the strength to stay in a freeroll until the end shows that, on the one hand, you have to show a lot of patience and, on the other hand, that you make no or minimal mistakes. Many people make the mistake that they don't take freerols seriously and they don't call it real poker, but I'm of the opinion that regardless of whether you play a freerol or with play money or with real money a tournament, it's about poker and there are the same variables in every tournament. And I think that it is also a sign of respect for the other players that you do your best and that you take poker seriously even if you have the feeling that others aren't doing it. Of course, there are differences between a freerol and one with a buy in, but you must not let your own game be affected by it.

Beautiful text, congratulations! I agree in full. I believe that a player's goal should always be to be the best version of themselves, to play their best, regardless of the buy-in, the prize pool, the goal should always be to make the best decisions and play the best you can.