What do you think of the style of 5 card draw poker?

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally it is one of my favorites, I would say that after the classic holdem without limit is the one I like the most

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Personally, I think that this style of poker offers additional opportunities for strategic decisions and bluffing. It also requires a good assessment of probabilities and the ability to analyze the game of opponents. Five card draw poker can be an exciting and varied experience for poker lovers.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well it's the first form of poker I learned to play but the only form of draw I like playing now is badugi. .... I think because 5 card is usually played in limit people call and chase anything so I find it annoying👍

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends:

* Blind(s) or no blinds
* With qualifiers to open or guts
^ With or without the joker
* Re-ante if passed out or Jacks and Back (Becomes ace to five lowball if no one opens)
* Limit or no limit

ESSSSS-loads of possibilities. Should be played more frequently, but them's the breaks.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It was the most common form of poker where I grew up.

Now I think is boring not to see any of the opponent's cards. A lot of bluffing and deception is on the positive side.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of my all time favourite games, and the first poker game I learned as a Teenager, Then Stud took favourite spot as the other players could see 4 of your cards as your hand developed and you could bluff a lot more, when you had 4 suited cards showing.
Omaha and Texas only took over from them when I started playing On-line as I had never heard of the games until then.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Never played still dont know how to play it. Was never interested about it maybe one day

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was the first kind of poker i learned when i was a kid. Loved playing it with my family and brothers

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I tried playing it
But I didn't like it very much.
Best play no limite holdem

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually like 5 card stud for example one of my favorites to play

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
This was the first kind of poker I got to know as a child. It's a bit boring for me, but I like it in mixed games.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never played 5 cards, I'm not very interested in that style of game, I'm more of a fan of texas and omaha

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can bet less times than texas holdem, but its cool to have strong hands, so I like it

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That game is so much fun. you can play so many mind tricks with what you pull or don't pull.

NL 5 card can be fun with experienced folks but not with beginners just like in holdem that don't know starting hands or anything.