What Do You Recommend When You Are Too Tired to Play?

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker tired

If you are too tired that you know it would be hard to bring your best game I would recommend sleeping maybe a powernap and playing when you wake up or if you have to stay awake because of a tournament or just because you want to I would recommend eating or doing some other activity like exercise (not if you're too tired) that will help you stay awake

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Apparently a glass of cold water wakes you up as much as a coffee. I would recommend one of those in situations where you're tired but have to keep playing. I would not recommend a line of cocaine. Least of all because, unless you have access to unrealistically-pure stuff, the effect is very short lived so you need to do it continually. Also it's psychoactive which will effect mentality and decision making in unpredictable/unreliable ways.

jrutledge

jrutledge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're just playing for fun honestly play money is pretty terrible but if you search hard enough you can find some decent cash games. Also I would maybe recommend playing some different games other than NLH if you're gonna play play money games.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just to clarify, my previous post was in regards to situations such as deep in MTT or a final table where you can't cash out. Otherwise I would echo everyone else's advice and just take a few nights extra sleep and rest up for when you do play.

Coke is bad for your health!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have a schedule and limits on daily/weekly basis so usually already know what I'll be playing each day. I avoid spin & go because of the rake and play 9 handed SNG's or HU instead. I've burnt out grinding too hard before so have been working on balance.

I usually end a session if things get sickly, like busting out KK v KK...

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend red bull or get lots of rest prior to entering tournaments or cash games

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Keep playing obviously :cool:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well obviously sleep. If you hit a wall in middle of a MTT, caffeine would be my first choice. Don't find myself in that situation, not playing all that much. Playing live my criteria is pretty stringent to even consider a session. Main consideration is sleep and positive mood. It is not worth my time to play otherwise.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
You better take a nap instead of playing poker when you are tired or angry. As Negreanu said, you will lose all the money because your mind is not focused and clear.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My suggestion for you is to play freerolls. If you can't do that and you have to play for money than play the micro tables. Good luck on that rest!!!

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play if i am tired.
I prefer to sleep and play at 100%

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend that when one is canada it is better not to play, since the fatigue diminishes the thought and when not being able to think the actions that we commit can take us to a bad moment.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy decision, don't play when you are tired and when not in the mood

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i can understand this post. ive tried to push through tiredness as well, but ultimately i have found it better to take the day off as much as i want to play. after getting that rest i am ready to go for the next week...

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tired will cost you money by making bad decisions.

Poker is a game of focus. If you aren't paying attention you will make mistakes.

I would say only play when you aren't tired if you want to play optimally.

If you just want to unwind and relax then just play and not worry about results. If you want good results you will have to focus and give the game some time/energy.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to not play when you're exhausted. You tend to make bad choices that don't make sense and you end up questioning yourself.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are tired from poker, just make a pause in the game. Sometimes you need to have a break from poker and this will help you in future to show better results.

FoosDiva

FoosDiva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch youtube videos of hands

I've learned a lot from watching Andrew Neeme's videos. It's great to see the thought-process of an actual pro and see his hand selections, his check-calling strategy when OOP, his three- and four-bet range, etc. Great to fall asleep to if you're too tired to play at an attentive mindset.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am a driver, I drive 12 hours a day and this month they extended to 15 hours. I arrive home so tired that I can not play a hand and I finish badly spending my little bank. poker helps me to relax, not to think about the everyday, but this month for not stopping on time knowing that I was not in a position to play attentively to break my bank. now to return from 000 it becomes heavy. What do you recommend?

Sleepiug.
Only play on the weekends. Weekends have far weaker players on the tables. Playing tired is such a bad idea.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wrote sleeping (as in s l e e p i n g ) and yet it comes up misspelled
What is up with that? (even when I went to edit it, it showed that it was spelled correctly but then it again shows sleepiug) so weird

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a driver, I drive 12 hours a day and this month they extended to 15 hours. I arrive home so tired that I can not play a hand and I finish badly spending my little bank. poker helps me to relax, not to think about the everyday, but this month for not stopping on time knowing that I was not in a position to play attentively to break my bank. now to return from 000 it becomes heavy. What do you recommend?

Play, play money or sing play at all unless you want to donate to the community

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positive mood and attitude are key in my opinion. Very difficult to focus with other stuff clouding your mind.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Tired

If you are tired and still want to play poker then I would recommend playing a more tight style of playing but not too tight. This way you aren't trying to play to complex and can relax while you play your game of poker and win. Hope this helps you.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just don't play

If you are too tired and you don't feel confident the best option is just stop playing for a while cause trust me if you play tired or you don't really feel good or motivated you are probabily gonna lose at the poker table because of you are gonna take bad decisions most of the time and this is due to you are tired and you are not gonna think clearly. Everythink we do we have to do our best and give the 100% so if you are going to play just giving your 50 % or less I guess is better just play another day when you feel good and confident to do your best.

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
use the tired times for easy learning

since reading poker material it not suitable for tired time, you should use the learning tools for dummies which let you play while you learn and get feedback on every move

so you don't spend real money and you get somewhat of a poker experience and you still get to ease your mind (off course playing is more fun, but hey, you asked for a replacement)

3 tools that are under this definition i know and used:

poker fighter
insta poker
tournament poker coach

GL