What Do You Recommend When You Are Too Tired to Play?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You must rest before you play, because you will not be yourself at game. If you have worked 15 hours rest is needed.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a driver, I drive 12 hours a day and this month they extended to 15 hours. I arrive home so tired that I can not play a hand and I finish badly spending my little bank. poker helps me to relax, not to think about the everyday, but this month for not stopping on time knowing that I was not in a position to play attentively to break my bank. now to return from 000 it becomes heavy. What do you recommend?
I will recommend inappropriate things you know what I mean? Pleasure yourself and enjoy life no need for poker to chillax.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play when you are tired. You need all your concentration up at full speed. Need I say more when you are losing.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea dont play when ur tired, u need to focus and make good decisions u cant do that exhausted

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play poker with a bad condition: hungry, tired, sick. This will reduce your productivity. I do not know what to say. Try to listen to something during the game. It sometimes helps me.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink coffee and try to focus...

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to play before the day. After sleep. And at freerolls, just 1h 2 times a week. Just to help me relax. But I don't know is hard to put my self in that position.
Other alternative could be small tables in terms of number (6) and in terms of buy in. This way you can finish the table quick

J

justjeff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're too tired to play, you're too tired to play. DO NOT play anything. Not being on top of your game is like actually driving for 20 hours.... dangerous for you and those around you.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't play when you are tired, just go to bed

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tired is no good Try to get home and relax a little before you play poker

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't play when you are tired or play only freerolls

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend energy drinks. I spend many time for work and other and play only at weekend nights. I don't know how to play without energy drinks :)
P.S. Burn (classic) is one of my favourite energy drinks ;)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are too tired to play poker, then better just not to play poker this day. Take a rest. Watch some movie or show. If you want to win you need to play poker with the clear mind.

T

tonydosreis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I tired i just play frerrolls, because entry is free. When i tired and angry my i cant pay attention in the game, my decisions are not good in this moments. Conclusion: I play frerrolls our a i dont play

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Getting rest or sleep instead of playing seems to be a recurring theme, I wonder if the OP has noticed.

[emoji106]

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are tired and do not focus on the game, it's better not to play for money, but just relax or play freerolls, and later when you have free time and are ready for the game then start playing and winning!

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing in your situation is not recommended, I recommend that you play freerolls, so that you learn to deal with fatigue and poker at the same time

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest not playing at all if your tired, if you can help it. But if you still feel the urge to play a few hands maybe play at a lower stake they won't affect your roll nearly as much like your regular games may.

J

justjeff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing in your situation is not recommended, I recommend that you play freerolls, so that you learn to deal with fatigue and poker at the same time

Playing freerolls when you're tired is just as bad as playing cash. Don't need to be developing bad habits, when you're tired, that carry over into your cash game.

J

j t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play on your days off! Get some rest bud.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a stupid response, but if you are too tired to play I'd say take a break and get some rest...

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15hours at work while driving I recommend not to play real money games because you can not be focused and you will get easily tired and bankrupted don't play when you are tired and if you need to play for relaxation use play money or play freerolls

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean . Poker relaxes me also and I don't play very well when I'm tired . Try to find a site that has on demand freerolls ,ACR has them , I'm not sure who else does . That way , you can always get in a game without risking your bankroll . Save that for a day when you have the time and energy . Good luck .

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are too tired to play I would recomend not to play. Seriously. Just take a day off. Poker tables won't disappear tomorrow in a moment. It's awful to play in a bad mood or being tired, most likely you won't be able to make the best desicions in the game so chances that your session won't be profitable.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
My friend I think we have meet at some Tournaments, so If you drive 12 hours a day and this month 15 hours, just play a maximun of 1 hour then go to bed.
If you sleep for 6 hours it will onlu left you with 2 hour to eat, buy groceries, family etc. It is a very streesfull schedule. Dont play more then 1 hour and maybe wait for sundays or Holidays.

Good Luck, :ciao: