What do you like most about poker?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning money and being smarter than others. Unfortunately, I'm not that smart, or winning that much money, but I still like playing to chase those feelings!

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
What I like most about poker is that it requires you to use all your senses or that pinezo I stop being able to predict people's behavior.
what I like most that everything can stop in the game

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's interesting you point out the greatest pleasure for you is studying, implementing the new strategy and then the play brings success. No reward without the work!

To further this point, the aspect which most attracts me to poker is the concept we can never master the game. You can gather experiences and build a data bank of actions and re-actions to implement is numerous situations. But you know in due course you will be faced with an opponent (or table) that puts you to the test yet again. It can be via the villains brilliant play, hyper aggression or plain stupidity but someone will pull the rug out from you.

I have found in any given period if I am playing by rote in a disinterested or detached way, it is always because I have not bothered to study much or find a new strategy to engage in. I take it as a warning sign if I am content or relaxed with my game...the poker learning job is never finished!

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dopamine after wining big sum.
Variance how messes with recreational players minds (sometimes even pros). It makes me think how variance (destiny) has impact on people life.

In heads up poker: dynamics and that most strategies have counter strategies.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The adrenalin I feel everytime I´m under pressure ,no matter if I win the hand or not.Obviously,it feels great when you win a difficult hand but I like that pressure.And ,of course,when I see my poker earnings on my bank account:burnout:

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It started off with having fun with my friends, then my favorite part was making money, now it's just for recreation. Poker is just fun in general and it still, after 14 years of playing, gives me a huge dopamine hit

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, playing poker is some kind spending a good time, it's challenging and if i can win some cash makes poker a great game.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I was meant to play this game, I like the challenge to see if I can stay in make the money and winning the tourney would be the best part I guess.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like that it keeps me focused, and it gives me that kind of a "out of the box" thinking, if you get what I mean lol