what do you keep motivated to play poker?

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It motivates me more is to see that what I studied and absorbed, I am able to put into practice.
I think it is very important to review the tournaments before playing!

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really hard to stay motivated. I mean I've been trying to become a better player for a long time now and I just seem to keep getting knocked down. I've been thinking about giving up on it for a couple weeks. That's why I'm trying to be more active in here. Maybe that will help my game but it really just seems to be making it worse. Poker has been my dream job for so long I really don't know what else I would do if I quit. I guess boardem is my biggest motivation now.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY POKER MOTIVATION

I liked much of what was written by Manolo I also want to become a professional player I have now taken the game very seriously and I hope you can but try not to charge me more than my ability

:jd4:mateuspoker

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I've taken a proper break from poker on more than one occasion over the last 10-15 years, probably due to other stuff happening in my life and yeah, a string of bad beats don't help - the straw that breaks the camels back etc etc ... but I always find myself coming back to the table lol ......... so keeping motivated is important, it's not all sun and rainbows or what ever that saying is ..

:D

Last edited:
M

mozg3333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am motivated to play poker by the fact that, while doing what I love, I will be able to earn money in the future and travel around the world. It's certainly only a dream, but who knows - you can achieve everything. Only after thinking that winning one of the tournaments you can get a lot of money.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what motivates me to play poker is knowing that I am a very good player, despite my faults of not having much patience with people who talk too much and those who take too long to play.

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positivity haaaas to be the the #1 thing to remember when trying to stay motivated in this sometime gloomy game. The bottom line is that poker in its base form is a game. I understand people taking it seriously especially if its your only source of income but its just as important to remember its a game.

Stay positive and make the correct decisions. Your play will speak for itself and your motivation will be through the roof!!!

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love playing the game. And seek to vastly improve my game.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing poker....but I wouldn't want to play unless I'm playing for money...so maybe its more of I want to win money lol

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just like you i always took like a hobby. i time that i can take it to my self. to be with friends and have fun. at the same time get angry and frustrated when you get a bad beat :)