What do you feel in your stomach when you play $$$

P

puppy feet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I'm not sure if I wish I had this blahzah feeling when I'm dealt a hand that I intend to play. Preflop, flop, turn and river my stomach will have butterflies unless I'm holding the absolute nuts. It doesn't matter if I am playing microstakes where I'm easily bankrolled for, I just get nervous. I think it is because I hate to lose a hand to a fish that is playing wrong or a better player that has the perfect read on me. I just hate losing. I also hate that nervousness because I can read the hand so much better when I'm not in the hand. I consistently call other players hands when I'm just a spectator, but when I'm in a big hand I'll make the wrong read and lose my buy-in.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i feel absolutely nothing. After a point i think numbness kicks in. And this is a good thing because you avoid getting tilted. Just another day at the office.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hunger... the closer I get to the table, the hungrier I get.

-

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for more than 10 years and always the same feeling...like butterflies dancing in my stomach .... I think it's interesting to feel always the same after the years... it's love? what do you feel people?:D
well first time for 50$ I was thinking, It is real money OH CRAP
but I was winning
1000$ later up for 50$/100$ blinds
HOLY S--T I cant CONTROL MY ANGRY because great hand and turn is wonderful only one card.
River.... 5% and I loss.
but moving on I won 50$->1400$ 2-3 months
it is frustrated tho
I was 16 and i was illegal for gambling poker online whoops....:D

P

pocketacesa1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have that feeling when I play out of my comfort zone financially

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always i feel that my stomach will explose especially when i loose.....and my heart wiil broke

UnNa7uRal

UnNa7uRal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a "simple" adrenaline rush (constant in Turbo/Hyper-Turbo games :D )!

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel normal until a villain catches a 2 outer on the river after you have set them up to stack off. Then I feel sick and question whether this game is for me or not :D.

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I def get internally nervous when playing crucial pots on-line. While there are some interesting theories as to why this is a bad thing, i still chalk it up to being a personal thing that varies by individual. I'm a shaky, shifty,nervous person regardless of what im doing...too much coffee,too many cigs.....by the way would any of us be losing players if we were here reading threads?

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night I decided to play a dollar tournament even though I only had around eight dollars won from freerolls and such. I knew it wasn't a good idea when I realized I was nervous before the tournament started. I don't like butterflies!

I'm playing to have fun, and there I was waiting for this tournament to start and thinking, I don't know why I bother. There will be stallers right from the beginning (there were and they caused me to go into the middle very shortstacked). Or I'll bust out when my aces or whatever get cracked, or I'll make a stupid mistake and be pissed at myself the rest of the night.

I managed to get six bucks out of it, surviving on that godawful little stack one hand past the bubble and taking a chance trying to double up and go further after that. But I still knew that nervous unhappy feeling meant I should have used bankroll management, pathetic as my 'bankroll' may be.

I also get antsy taking chances trying to double up near the bubble if I think I can get further if I do, because I know if I bust out two or three players away from a little bit of money I'm going to be pissed at myself.

Maybe that is part of why I'm not a winning player. I feel emotion when I play and I really don't like it. I'm working on changing that. I don't want to feel anything strongly when I play except maybe calm contentment.

S

sonic0691

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I'm a butterfly person.

But it doesn't stop me from bluffing if the situation is right.

I think the butterflies keep me on edge so I make fewer bad decisions.

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
when i make big bet then only butterflies start dancing :D

valkopt

valkopt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm all in in a pot, my heart starts beating 200bpm :D And untill I come down to earth (if I win the pot) it takes some time, so I usely take it slowly next pair of hands.

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Huge pots I tend to get shakey and my stomach can feel a bit strange.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same thing can happen to me when playing online. Makes me wonder how awful it will be when I get a chance to play live....................

T

timoman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think its better to have that feeling when playing cash games.keeps u on edge,and limits the mistakes,obv in your comfort zone,i.e playin the rite stakes for your bankroll

J

jappiejaap

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somtime's I like to after a big hand just run a bit get that adrenaline out feels good also played out of bkrm and noticed i was way more tense than I should have.

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play higher limits than my bankroll behaves, I just getting nervous and afraid to do certain moves that normally would. The heart races, gives the impression that nothing beats ... The best thing to do is avoid getting into buy-ins greater than our capacity, not to tie a knot in the stomach ...

D

DaMan1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for more than 10 years and always the same feeling...like butterflies dancing in my stomach .... I think it's interesting to feel always the same after the years... it's love? what do you feel people?:D

I used to get butterflies when i play now i don't feel anything unless i am moving up on stakes then i get the butterflies back.

denisthemenys

denisthemenys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wen i play a final table yep i feel the adrenalin but you must play calm

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have this every time the pot becomes really big after I have spent a whole lot of time in a tournament.

K

KonSingkit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine's are still caterpillars, slowly moving side to side when the going gets tough. goodness. adrenaline in, poker rush.

H

hesays

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get that felling too. With AA in late position and a bunch of calls ahead of me.

Mac Poker